PDA

View Full Version : Help FCR owners

Giz400ex
04-11-2003, 02:55 PM
I just recieved my FCR39 and was looking at it, playing around and I was looking at the manual or whatever you want to call it and for some reason I can't locate the main jet??? Now, at each end of the carb there are covers, at one end there 3 screws and at the other end there's 2. At the end where there is 3 screws there's the air screw??? (correct me if I'm wrong!) Right in front of it there seems to a hex head, now if I take that off, is that where the main jet is??? If so, what tool is used to take the head off because I tried using a cresent wrench and there's no room, unless I take something off but I'm pretty you wouldn't have to because that would be a pain in the arse. This is my first time doing anything with a carb so I'm pretty much winging it by typing here. All help is appreciated

nick23
04-11-2003, 03:34 PM
on the bottm..take that cover off and then the main jet is just above the float bowl

RytM1
04-13-2003, 01:20 AM
Giz, you are right about the main jet location, its under that cap. It sounds like you have the FCR on your EX already, so what you are probably going to have to do is rotate your carb enough so that you can access it. That carb isn't any easier to work on than the stock carb once its installed. If you haven't already, I would suggest getting the aftermarket fuel screw that C&D sells. I put it to use yesterday, and it definitely made fine tuning the carb a lot easier.

nakomis0
04-13-2003, 03:08 AM
its rare if I try and change the jet with the carb on the bike. Ussually I just take the darn thing off. Just another reason I hate jetting carbs.:ermm:

Giz400ex
04-13-2003, 05:42 AM
Originally posted by RytM1
Giz, you are right about the main jet location, its under that cap. It sounds like you have the FCR on your EX already, so what you are probably going to have to do is rotate your carb enough so that you can access it. That carb isn't any easier to work on than the stock carb once its installed. If you haven't already, I would suggest getting the aftermarket fuel screw that C&D sells. I put it to use yesterday, and it definitely made fine tuning the carb a lot easier. I bought that screw from C&D and I believe thats the red screw thats right in front of the cap where the main jet location is?? Right now its not installed yet!! I got the carb this past week and I was looking at trying to find out where the main jet was because if I need to change the jet, I wanna know where it is!! If we're talking about the same screw then am I gonna have to loosen that screw everytime I need to change the jet?:eek: If so, there's #'s on the screw and how am I gonna remember where its gotta be??? I just wanted say that I appreciate everyones help here!!:D

RytM1
04-13-2003, 08:05 AM
Yes, you are right again! You may not have to take the fuel screw out to change the main, maybe just back it out a turn or two (enough to get the main jet cap off). Just remember how many turns out, then once you put that cap back on, turn the fuel screw back in that many turns. You'll have to do a little experimenting and see what works. I haven't had to change my main yet since I put the screw in, so my idea is just that. I would try to do what I could to not have to remove the fuel screw, so that I don't run the chance of losing the little spring inside of there.

Giz400ex
04-13-2003, 08:16 AM
The thing is that in order to change the jet, the fuel screw has to come out pretty far. Is it a pain to find where the adjustment has to be? In other words, what does this fuel screw actually do and is it a pain in the arse to get it adjusted right??:confused: :confused:

Silverfox@C&DRacing
04-13-2003, 10:41 AM
The air screw should be around 2 1/2 turns out..

Giz400ex
04-13-2003, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Silverfox@C&DRacing
The air screw should be around 2 1/2 turns out.. Ok, there we go!!!You guys are the best! Thank you very much, the carb looks great and everything!!! Thanks again:D