PDA

View Full Version : should i groove my tamers?

exboy400
04-11-2003, 01:53 PM
i just ordered some 18x9.5x8 turf tamers for my 400ex and i was wondering if i should groove them or not. some people say that grooving will improve traction and some say it wont ......can someone tell me what i should do to get the best traction and handling. thanks.

RiPPiNiTuP7
04-11-2003, 02:41 PM
Groove em' :macho

04-11-2003, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by RiPPiNiTuP7

yea

ZRider400
04-12-2003, 03:19 AM

yup:D

OutlawEX
04-12-2003, 04:21 AM

04-12-2003, 04:48 AM
what exactly does grooving do besides making them spin more and sliding better? i proly wont do it anyway because my dad will say its not how tis suypposed to be and yell at me forever, then if something happens to my quad like if something breaks he will blame it on my tires

Giz400ex
04-12-2003, 04:56 AM
What would you be grooving them for??? I'm fimiliar with Plattsburgh and thats all woods and ect... (country). If thats the case then I wouldn't because the tamers are pretty soft tire and if ya groove them for that type of riding, its a flat waiting to happen! My friends use the tamers and they don't groove'em and they seem to hook up well and we ride trails and mx!! I think its more recommended to groove'em if ya race!!

QuadTrix6
04-12-2003, 05:03 AM
Originally posted by exboy400
i just ordered some 18x9.5x8 turf tamers for my 400ex and i was wondering if i should groove them or not. some people say that grooving will improve traction and some say it wont ......can someone tell me what i should do to get the best traction and handling. thanks.

you would groove your tamers if you ride MX and the track conditions are loose, i grooved mine last week and have not got to ride them yet but from what i hear the hook up a lot better in loose conditions

QuadTrix6
04-12-2003, 05:04 AM
Originally posted by nacsracer27
i proly wont do it anyway because my dad will say its not how tis suypposed to be and yell at me forever, then if something happens to my quad like if something breaks he will blame it on my tires

my dad was the same way, but im 20 now so its kinda hard for him to tell me what to do anymore cause i buy everything with my own money, but i was once in the same shoes as you bro, don't worry ;)

04-12-2003, 11:21 AM
groove em:blah

04-12-2003, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by QuadTrix6
my dad was the same way, but im 20 now so its kinda hard for him to tell me what to do anymore cause i buy everything with my own money, but i was once in the same shoes as you bro, don't worry ;)
the thing is thouhg i pay for everything myself 2, my dad bought me the quad but i pay for mostly everything, so if it breaks i pay for it, but he still yells at me and he told me to put it up for sale one day cuz i would never have it running right

Mr_Bub400ex
04-12-2003, 12:57 PM
i hate parents like that. mine are only like that some of the time. just ignore him :cool:

stocktires
04-12-2003, 04:29 PM
My dad is the exact same way. I pay for EVERYTHING on my own. If I need his help to, lets say take of the door panel on my truck, his first response would be "why would you want to take off that perfectly fine panel?", and then he'll just ignore me. It's like that on anything that I wana do that isn't exactly economical.

but anyway, grove em! They hook up much much better, and wont slid as easy (non-groved tamers slide way too easy!). They'll also self-clean better
But they do wear faster when grooved.

phatswinn
04-13-2003, 05:29 AM
my dad takes my spark plug boot off when i get muddy and come home, he also cleans my clothes even though i told him i was going to, while im in the shower after a long ride, then yells at me because "he had to do the work for me",

just remember theres always a great way to get back at them, like for me i got a great job paying $17 an hour making bricks so i pay for half the bills and everything i need, even food, so i own the basememnt where my room is and he pretty much has nothing he can complain about, an if he does, i lock him out of my basement, i also have a better car than him in my garage that im bringing back to life (superbee:D :devil ) and sometimes when im being lazy if he asks me to help him with his brakes of something i just tell him his brakes are fine and to quit messing with it.....sad part is im gunna be the same way to my kids!

Giz400ex
04-13-2003, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by phatswinn
my dad takes my spark plug boot off when i get muddy and come home, he also cleans my clothes even though i told him i was going to, while im in the shower after a long ride, then yells at me because "he had to do the work for me",

just remember theres always a great way to get back at them, like for me i got a great job paying $17 an hour making bricks so i pay for half the bills and everything i need, even food, so i own the basememnt where my room is and he pretty much has nothing he can complain about, an if he does, i lock him out of my basement, i also have a better car than him in my garage that im bringing back to life (superbee:D :devil ) and sometimes when im being lazy if he asks me to help him with his brakes of something i just tell him his brakes are fine and to quit messing with it.....sad part is im gunna be the same way to my kids! Yep!!! You probably will end up just like your father.........I did but a little worse:eek2: :eek2:

Chanman420q
04-13-2003, 10:44 AM
my dad bought me the quad

what happend to " i worked all summer and traded my warrior in for my 400ex" yeah and u try and give me **** cuz my dad pays for my ex to get fixed. God

04-13-2003, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Chanman420q
what happend to " i worked all summer and traded my warrior in for my 400ex" yeah and u try and give me **** cuz my dad pays for my ex to get fixed. God

:huh are you high?

Chanman420q
04-13-2003, 02:20 PM
:huh are you high?

dude stfu ur just mad because u were sayin **** to me for having my dad fix my quad and u were tryin to make ur self look all big and bad in front of me by saying u paid for it. just stfu and go paint ur frame...

04-13-2003, 02:26 PM
dude stfu ur just mad because u were sayin **** to me for having my dad fix my quad and u were tryin to make ur self look all big and bad in front of me by saying u paid for it. just stfu and go paint ur frame...

lmao, seriously you ahve a lot to learn, im not mad about nutin, i never made fun of you once about u going to take your quad yo a dealer to ahve it fixed, i sjut simply frowned on it and told you it was waste of money, and now your trying to tell me i was trying to look all bad *** by telling you i work on my quad, im sorry i would rather learn to do stuff myself then waste my money. and once again im sorry i dont have my dad pay for my stuff, and i couldnt afford to spend 200 to PC my frame, but hey iof my dad paid for my stuff like yours, i woulda gotten it chromed:rolleyes:

P.S i adjusted my valves the other day:o

Chanman420q
04-13-2003, 02:35 PM
P.S i adjusted my valves the other day:o

cool, my dad paid for mine to be adjustade... and i didnt have to waste my time!
whered those 200 bucks go? into wheel spacers?

anyways, whats the diffrance between grooving them selves and nacs grooving? or is nacs just a pattern?

04-13-2003, 02:58 PM
cool, my dad paid for mine to be adjustade... and i didnt have to waste my time!
whered those 200 bucks go? into wheel spacers?

anyways, whats the diffrance between grooving them selves and nacs grooving? or is nacs just a pattern?

dude seriously, stop with teh arguing on a public forum, you wanna argue take it to PM's or on AIM, and no the 200 bucks went intomy engine so yea, the wheel spacers are fine for me, i ahvent bent an axle yet but i figure i will soon, so i have been putting money away slowly for an RPM axle, so when it does bend i can replace it, i figured i might as well ge full use out of it befre i get rid of it

ridered03
04-13-2003, 03:03 PM
yea get them grooved for sure!!

04-13-2003, 03:14 PM
ok, im thinking about grooving them tomorrow maybe, i still need to know the pluses and minueses of this, how they hok up in what terain etc, how the slide, thanks for the help in advance

volume3512003
05-09-2003, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by QuadMX18
groove em:blah

ok ok ok people say to grove them but how do you go about doing so?:mad:

JHF219
05-09-2003, 04:44 AM
get a tire groover or a pair of dikes they seem to work good !!

QuadTrix6
05-09-2003, 05:51 AM
u can use horse toenail clippers, or tile cutters, i used the tile cutters. i had to grind down a small part of the stopper on the handle so that the part that closes would touch to cut better they work pretty good

QuadTrix6
05-09-2003, 05:53 AM
ok, im thinking about grooving them tomorrow maybe, i still need to know the pluses and minueses of this, how they hok up in what terain etc, how the slide, thanks for the help in advance

if you ride loose tracks groovem you won't be disapointed :devil this pic is harpack but the track i ride at is loose and i can throw wven more roost :D