PDA

View Full Version : Axle help

4TraxRider
04-11-2003, 05:52 AM
i just got back from Open Practice at Diamondback, and have once again bent my axle. My stock on lasted a week, my first durablue lasted one practice, and my second for the winter. I bought a Lonestar axle and have liked it so far, but now it bent severely enough to need to be straigtened or replaced. I know after it is straightened, it wont be as strong, so I want a new one. Are there any other axles that are more durable than he lonestars? I've heard the the RPM's are good, but never seen one. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Ex'r Marlin
04-12-2003, 10:53 AM
WOW... You and axles just don't get along!

I could be wrong, but I think Lone Star Racing axles come with a warranty. Not sure if it is a lifetime one or not, but I would not hesitate giving Lone Star a call.

I have not heard many complaints with the Lone Star axle... And no complaints on the RPM Dominator axle.:)

I have been running the Dominator axle... No problems to date, but then again, I am no MX'r.:rolleyes:

Good luck!

04-12-2003, 11:13 AM
your only choice left is an RPM. If you bend that good luck

jmoney45
04-12-2003, 01:48 PM
My lonestar has a lifetime warranty so you should be able to replace it for free. They are supposed to be super strong. What are you doing, hitting 100 foot triples? :eek:

Ralph
04-12-2003, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by jmoney45
My lonestar has a lifetime warranty so you should be able to replace it for free. They are supposed to be super strong. What are you doing, hitting 100 foot triples? :eek:

what the hell are u bending this on?

RiPPiNiTuP7
04-12-2003, 02:19 PM
RPM is the way to go..it will be the last axle you ever buy! :devil

4TraxRider
04-12-2003, 05:40 PM
I called lonestar, and they said the only way to get a new one is if you break one. They will straighten it, but then it is weaker. Looks like I have to get the RPM and give them a shot. There's a 60-70ft(correct me if i'm wrong) table top at Diamondback that I just don't get a long with. I can clear it 9 out of 10 times, and the one out of 10 times I don't get a long enough run at it and come up a little short, which seems to bend and break axles, spindles and body parts. And I have a 40 ft kicker I use as a freestyle ramp that I broke the durablues on.