PDA

View Full Version : cannondale tierod ends on 400ex?

QuadRacer041
04-10-2003, 11:53 PM
does anyone know id the tierod ends from a cannondalewill work on a 250r or 400ex??????
will it thread into the tierod itself and does it fit into the spindle.

the reason i ask is the dale tierod end looks some much more durable, has a hiem jiont and grease zerk.

jeff from tqs, u gotta know if this will work.

Ex'r Marlin
04-11-2003, 05:04 AM
I heard that they work... But some riders with the Cannondales prefer the Honda tie-rod ends over the Cannondales'. :confused:

I noticed Ron Derno's (Derno24) tie-rod ends on his Cannondale... Seem like they need to be maintenanced after every ride. His have alot of flex in them.

I know this is not the answer you were looking for Lou... Hopefully someone can correct me if I am wrong.

trx400ex
04-11-2003, 05:13 AM
ask mxracer111, thats what hes using on his lobo, but that uses stock 400ex spindles, so you should be okay, dont know on the R though

QuadRacer041
04-11-2003, 06:07 AM
thanks guys,
marlin thats good info, the reason we wanted to switch is because the dale ones look more durable but maybe bot.

Ex'r Marlin
04-11-2003, 06:38 AM
When I went with Ron to pick up his Cannondale from an avid racer, he commented that the tie-rod ends for a 300ex is recommended if you do not like or have problems with the Cannnondales'.

Again, this is word say... I do not know this for a fact. I do know that I do not like the slop in Ron's current Cannondales' tie-rod ends.:( ... Even after he maintenances it.

04-11-2003, 06:39 AM
Lou I believe Jeff has mentioned before if you buy the rubber boots that go over the dale tie-rod ends and grease them often it is a better setup..but having the little booties on there really helps from what I understand.. the spherical bushing tie rod ends look like the ticket but the price is about as close to gettin screwed in the butt as you can get...

Jeffs on his way to SC to hand out some more azzes in the 4 stroke A class so you won't here from him....;)

QuadRacer041
04-11-2003, 11:55 PM
thanks again guys,
yea we were at the honda/cannondale dealership buyin some oil and $hit and my freind noticed that the cannon dale tie rod ends look real heavy duty, almost like a roll or houser ball joint, so we figure maybe they'll fit it will be a longer lasting part but.....

rico we asked about the tie rod end price on the dale and i think they said there only $30????
anyway when u say use the rubbe rboot from the dale do you mean put that over the honda tie rod end??

Ex'r Marlin
04-12-2003, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by quad041
... anyway when u say use the rubber boot from the dale, do you mean put that over the honda tie rod end??
I am sure that you put the rubber bootie over the Cannondales' tie-rod end. This should help keep contaminants out of the tie-rod after each maintenance. :)