PDA

View Full Version : Taking tha E-Brake off

Cody_300ex
04-10-2003, 02:45 PM
How do you take tha E-Brake off of a 300Ex. I know to get a block off plate, but i need the step-by-step instuctions to get it off. I appricate any help

CoDy

4TraxRider
04-10-2003, 02:58 PM
You take the cable off, then the two bolts that hold the mechanism on. Then take the blockoff and put it in teh same spot the brake mechanism was. Bolt it down with a gasket and your done.

OutlawEX
04-11-2003, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by 4TraxRider
You take the cable off, then the two bolts that hold the mechanism on. Then take the blockoff and put it in teh same spot the brake mechanism was. Bolt it down with a gasket and your done.

Cody_300ex
04-11-2003, 10:49 AM
Im going to need a better details than that.

Mr_Bub400ex
04-11-2003, 11:04 AM
comon, its the easiest thing u can do to ur quad. look at the caliper. it has a cable going into a little plate thing on the very left side when looking at it from the back. take it off. put the block off right there, where u took the plate with the cable going into it. then go to your clutch lever. undo the perch (two bolts) and pull the cable out with the perch. disconnect ur clutch cable. hook it up to the new lever and perch. bolt the new perch and lever on. adjust ur clutch cable. throw the old perch away. this is for a 400ex, i think u dont get a new perch for the 300ex.