PDA

View Full Version : New Frame

schism_rhs
12-20-2001, 10:54 AM
How Much would a new frame be for a 250X...I'm having a bunch of problems with getting my bike registed cause we don't have papperwork on it, I was wondering If I buy a new frame and put but the rest of my bike on the frame....does the frame have a serial # on it when u buy it ? and how much do frames cost ?...I was thinkin about telling the people you register your quad to that I just built a quad and would like to get it registered

tinner
12-21-2001, 03:44 PM
Still having problems huh ? Ok,when you buy a new factory frame they ask for the vin #,then the new frame will have a replacement sticker with the old vin # you gave them. So this probably won't work for you. Next is to watch E-bay for a frame with a title (they are on there often). Next you may be able to say you built it from spare parts and will probably ask you what part is from what. This could be a hassle. Can't you back to the dealer who sold this or just take down your reciept to get the new title. As long as it isn't stolen I wouldn't be too worried,and if it is your reciept will be from whoever had it last.Then it is there butt on the line for selling stolen property.

schism_rhs
12-21-2001, 04:06 PM
I'm just worried that if it is stolen and we find that out later, and I have all kinds of money invested in the bike then I'm screwed cause they'd take the bike away !

12-21-2001, 04:35 PM
go to the dmv and tell them you need a title,they gave me a form to take to the police and get it filled out to send down state for a title,you might also wanna try having the police or license brach that you met a guy at the race and he wanted to sell you his quad but that you wanted to get a backround check on it first,thats what i did with my 250r