View Full Version : Pismo Anyone? Weekend of May 9th and Memorial Weekend?????

Breyon55
04-10-2003, 07:01 AM
Gonna Leave for pismo on May 8th and stay until sunday...the 9th is my 25th B Day so the parties on!!!

And were also heading down Memorial Weekend on wed..not sure of the date and staying until Monday......Theres a Large Group of us Heading down with our Show trucks, Rails and a gang load of quads.......

Any Takers?

~Brian

Str8Wicked
04-10-2003, 07:11 AM
I'll most likely be at the river...

Breyon55
04-10-2003, 07:14 AM
Str8...Do you know a guy in so cal named chris...........He used to post on here as oldnumberseven........has that SoCalQuads.Com website with the cherry 465ex? What happened to that guy..met him in pismo and havnt heard or seen any post from him in a few months..

~Brian

300exTJjeeper
04-10-2003, 11:44 AM
yeapyeap memorial weekened is a no go for me anywhere.

I can proably hit up Pismo the weekned before or after but evenutally I will make my way up to Pismo.

lilpoppy
04-13-2003, 04:01 PM
I was just about to post the same question. Me and at least 2 of my friends will be there for memorial weekend. I think we are gonna get there friday and stay through monday. We will probably camp around mile marker 5 assuming we can find a spot.

Breyon55
04-13-2003, 05:51 PM
were going down thursday so if you want to camp with us your more then welcome.

~Brian

mopar 400
04-13-2003, 06:21 PM
Well be be down there fri around noon staying till sunday. well have to hook up an throw the hammer down. my ross 440 kit should be done by then........:devil

lilpoppy
04-14-2003, 01:24 PM
Are you doing your kit yourself mopar? I just got all my parts far a 416 kit but I'm getting a little nervous about doing it myself and having it built and broken in in time for memorial weekend. I would love to have it running by then but I am not sure what I'm gonna do yet.

mopar 400
04-15-2003, 12:45 PM
I have the motor out right now and am going to take it to the shop tomorrow to get built up. I have a Ross piston 89mm, Advanced sleeve, new valves, Sparks heavy Duty timing chain and a Carillo heavy duty rod going in... I ordered all the parts and am going to have my builder do the labor. We will have it broke in before Memorial Weekend in Pismo.

lilpoppy
04-15-2003, 12:48 PM
You never put any heavy duty springs or hard faced rockers with your 416 did you? If not did you ever have any problems at all from this? We are trying to decide if any of that stuff is really necessary with a 416 11:1 ratio and a stage 2 hotcam.

lilpoppy
04-15-2003, 12:49 PM
Also how are you going to go about breaking the motor in? I have heard a lot of different methods but none of them are the same.

mopar 400
04-16-2003, 11:55 AM
Nope with the Stage 2 hotcam never did put any hardweld rockers... I am just now getting into really beefing my motor up, and depending on how the cam looks will decide if i will drop a new Sparks full race cam AND hardfaced rockers in or not. If the cam and rockers look to be in good shape they are staying in with the 440. I have checked out a few other cams and Curtis tells me his true Race cam rips. He says the grinds on it are real agressive compared to the Hotcams.... Only time will see if my bike gets one or not!:D As far as break in, I am going to take it out to hollister and break it in with four 15 minute sessions on the track, letting it cool completely between, then am going to ride it like he!!...

lilpoppy
04-16-2003, 01:36 PM
How is the noise problem going at Hollister? Did you get them to pass yet if so how? We just now got our spark arrestors for our x-6 exhaust so we will probabley be breaking ours in there too.

mopar 400
04-16-2003, 02:20 PM
No we have been lucky enough to not been hasseled by the rangers lately. It all depends on who they decide to pick on for the day. If you hit the main parking lot at 10am on Saturday morning, you are asking to get tested. We have been parking far in the back and kind of hiding out.... :D

As far as the noise issue goes I dont think these bikes will ever truly pass... I was thinking about throwing on the stock exhaust one day, testing down there getting the sticker and then putting my other exhaust on... Only time will tell if we have to really go through this though.

310Rduner
05-11-2003, 09:44 AM
hey, im stil in pismo right now at my cousins, did any of you see me out yesterday? i was hanging out aroudn the drags for a bit, i was on the guy on the stitched up r with the fullbore plastics?

by chance i might have dragged one you guys maybe? wasnt a very big weekend.

Str8Wicked
05-12-2003, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by Breyon55
Str8...Do you know a guy in so cal named chris...........He used to post on here as oldnumberseven........has that SoCalQuads.Com website with the cherry 465ex? What happened to that guy..met him in pismo and havnt heard or seen any post from him in a few months..

~Brian

I know who you are talking about but don't know what happened to him,,,

Anyways the river is off so I may have some time to go play... Who knows thou, I might head down to Rosarito to party and maybe take the bike down to Canta Mar while I'm there...