PDA

View Full Version : dyno jet kit?????????? raptor

JEFF8400EX
04-10-2003, 04:45 AM
a buddy of mine put one in his raptor.. he has a pipe and kn filter. he jetted it to exactly what the directions said to do.. we ran and pulled the plug and it was real white which to me means its lean.. so we called dyno jet they said you can't jet a bike by looking at the plug anymore because of all the addatives they put in gas nowadays???? he said to put what they call for in and you will be fine. anybody heard of this before?????

4TraxRider
04-10-2003, 05:29 AM
the plugs still help me figure out my jetting. Does it have any deceleration backfire? Try a richer needle and larger main and see if it runs any better, or the plug gets a nice cardboard brown. Good luck.

JEFF8400EX
04-10-2003, 05:43 AM
it runs perfect every were it doesn't break up at all.. when i called dyno jet the said to put the jets in that there kit calls for and it will be fine no matter what color the plug is..

Sportrax10
04-10-2003, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by JEFF8400EX
it runs perfect every were it doesn't break up at all.. when i called dyno jet the said to put the jets in that there kit calls for and it will be fine no matter what color the plug is..
If it runs good just go with what they said.