PDA

View Full Version : Bearings

YEXAS STYLIN'
04-10-2003, 04:35 AM
I am thinking of getting a 99 400ex but the seller said he messed up the bearings on the rear axle, what exactly is he talking about and how much do you tihnk it would cost to fix it? Thanks a lot for the help, and if you have any other tips, let me know what to look for, thanks a lot(again)

Ex'r Marlin
04-10-2003, 06:14 AM
Hmmmm.... Not sure exactly, but I have seen someone get a used 400 and needed to replace the axle, axle carrier, and bearings because the bearings were shot and deformed the carrier and axle.:( I am not saying that is the case, but if the axle carrier bearings were not installed correctly, there could be some hidden concerns!:confused: If you, or someone you know that knows the 400, can remove the axle and inspect it before purchasing it, I feel that would be a wise choice, before purchasing a possible headache or something that will cost you alot of money to get "sound" again.

Note: You may find something that you like, buy if you notice that it was not maintenanced or taken care of, most likely you will find something that is unsafe about it... Especially if it is over a year old!!!

Good luck... Keep us posted! :)

YEXAS STYLIN'
04-10-2003, 08:03 AM
Thanks a lot! I was thinking I would have someone check it out or let him get it fixed at the dealership(and show me reciept), It seems as though it is a great deal though, 2,500!!!! Sounds a little fishy to me, how about you guys? Thanks again, anyone else have any input???

Ex'r Marlin
04-10-2003, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by YEXAS STYLIN'
It seems as though it is a great deal though, 2,500!!!! Sounds a little fishy to me, how about you guys? I too would agree with your instints... Sounds a little fishy to me too.

Sorry, but $2500 for a '99 400ex is very cheap, and you just may get what you pay for.

Hopefully soon you can get an atv and start enjoying this incredible hobby!! :D Hopefully you will have as much fun as I am having.... What an awesome sport/hobby!

Again, good luck, and best wishes to your decisions.:)

YEXAS STYLIN'
04-10-2003, 12:15 PM
Thanks, i thought it was fishy too but I might check it out, for that price(if in good shape) i will jump on it! BTW, I AM ENJOYING THIS sport or hobby!!! I love it, right now I own 2 utilities but would like to trade on for a sport, I love atvs and everything they offer, thanks a lot!!!