PDA

View Full Version : Hot cams ?

EXterminator
04-09-2003, 02:29 PM
Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the HOT cams stage 1 and Hot cams stage 2 cams. I am ordering a 416 Ross piston kit and I am not sure what cam to go with . I race crosscountry dist 5 , and GNCC . Is one better than the other for woods racing? Thanks! DW

Glamis400ex
04-09-2003, 03:03 PM
use the search button...more info than you can shake a stick at...

Glamis

luvmyex
04-09-2003, 03:17 PM
With that piston get the stage II.It pulls like a mofo all the way tru the gears.I thought i may have a problem with luggin around in the trails but it hasnt been bad at all.If you keep the revs up just a little higher then you'll be having trouble keeping the front end down.Its a hole different world! You dont use no where near as much throttle as before and still go faster .

Silverfox@C&DRacing
04-09-2003, 04:06 PM
I am kind of excited to try the Hotcam stg 2 in my bike hopefully this week or next.. I had the web all round cam before but it will be kind of hard to tell any difference between the cams (maybe because I added a few extra things like a different exhaust and carb...) :D

Dune Surfer
04-09-2003, 05:45 PM
I love mine. Bought it at C&D. Mid to top end, you really don't feel it till the midrange, then it kicks in. Glamis400ex rode mine and couldn't feel it till higher speeds. If you like to ride fast it could be for you.

Cannonball08
04-10-2003, 02:53 AM
I am going to race District 5 XC this year to. What races are you plannning on attending and what class are you racing?