PDA

View Full Version : Need help on adjusting clutch

Impala400
04-09-2003, 02:04 PM
I manage to adjust the clutch so that when i pull it, it fully disengages.....but engages at almost the last minute there any way to fix this.....did i adjust it right? the cable it brand new.
any guidance would be great.

4TraxRider
04-09-2003, 03:33 PM
That means you have a good clutch. It should engage right before you let it all the way out. Just make sure you have enough free play. If you want a more spread out engagement, EZpull systems usually make the engagement more spread out.

Impala400
04-10-2003, 01:23 AM
i thought it was suppose to start to engage in the middle some where.......and it the clutch suppose to totallly disengage? and should i adjust it when the clutch is warmed up or what?

fuddrucker
04-10-2003, 03:12 AM
Both of mine do the same thing (engage just before the lever is out all the way). On cold days, I need to let the engine warm up a bit B4 putting the thing in 1st gear (still holding the lever all the way back) or it will kill the engine. Once the bike has warmed up for a couple of minutes it is fine.

Rip_Tear
04-10-2003, 01:42 PM
If you tightened the cable to much, you may have partially disengaged the clutch already, that may be why you have to let it out all the way... I hope you understand what I am saying :D

Impala400
04-10-2003, 02:24 PM
yea but don't you want it fully disengage as well?
it seems strong I can still wheelie with it. i don;t think its slipping

stocktires
04-12-2003, 04:55 PM
I believe The rule of thumb is about 3/8" of free slack in the line.
I've read this many times on F.A.Q. pages.
My clutch always seems to work perfect under this rule

300exTJjeeper
04-15-2003, 07:51 AM
since you guys are talking about clucthes.
I got a 03 300ex and have not adjusted the clucth yet. I have a problem with it though
when i first start the quad i usually let it warm up every single time for about 5 min or so. Then I go to take off and put the tranny in first gear it dies on me, looks like the clucth is engageing

But when I let it warm up for about 10 min when the engine is fully warmed up it doesn't do this problem.

Could it be I am using too thick of a oil and just need to let the engine warm up???/
Or is it my clucth and I need to adjust it, I have the manual here but not sure what the problem is, I never messed around with the cable before because i just lived with this problem for about 3 months now.

ANy help would be great

Thanks in advance