PDA

View Full Version : please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

monster300
04-09-2003, 09:19 AM
NO BRAKES!!! I need to get the pressure back in my rear brake....... I bleeded them like 4 times already and the pedal stayed the same. The pads aren't squeezing together at all. Please help!!!! i miss climbing.

QuadTrix6
04-09-2003, 11:16 AM
if you ran them comppletly dry you might need a pump to force the fluid back in the lines, are you sure you are bleeding them right ?

monster300
04-09-2003, 11:57 AM
well, what caused it was, i took the line off the caliper to get the caliper completely off to force the piston back in. I am completely sure that i am bleeding them right. I took the e-brake assembly off too.

monster300
04-09-2003, 12:48 PM
anybody else???

04-09-2003, 01:16 PM
i bleed them like this, theres no reason to take the p-break off or the caliper off the lines, just use a c-clamp and press it back in, but i will the rezzy to the full mark, then pump the pedal a few times, loosen the gold blead thingy then pump the pedal all the way down slowly, then when it gets to the bottom, tighten the thing and pump it a few more times, repeat this process then fill the rezzy as needed

monster300
04-09-2003, 02:49 PM
bleeding isn't the problem. when i bleed it the pedal doesn't get any harder to press down, so i guess there is something else wrong

RideRed400StYlE
04-09-2003, 03:03 PM
you might be bleeding it wrong. you really need 2 people to bleed it. one to pump the pedal and one to crack it open in the back. the pedal wont get hard to press for a little while. once it starts building pressure and you crack the valve open it should squirt out pretty good. sounds like you may be bleeding it wrong. I would imagine if you had a bad seal you would see the brake fluid leaking out as you pumped. sounds to me like you have air in your lines and need to bleed them good

zfire_28
04-10-2003, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by RideRed400StYlE
you might be bleeding it wrong. you really need 2 people to bleed it. one to pump the pedal and one to crack it open in the back. the pedal wont get hard to press for a little while. once it starts building pressure and you crack the valve open it should squirt out pretty good. sounds like you may be bleeding it wrong. I would imagine if you had a bad seal you would see the brake fluid leaking out as you pumped. sounds to me like you have air in your lines and need to bleed them good

yup