PDA

View Full Version : Snorkal Block-off

nacs400ex
04-09-2003, 08:51 AM
Hey I just took off my snorkal, and I am gunna be running without an airbox lid, what should I do about jetting?

Thanks for you help.
Craig

OutlawEX
04-09-2003, 08:54 AM
Well get the snorkle block off from nacs..But jetting will be a bit different depending on ur weatehr conditions

nacs400ex
04-09-2003, 09:15 AM
Well actually I just used the top of a black spray paint can, and put a nacs sticker on it. But I was hoping someone would know an average setting.

forum
04-09-2003, 01:40 PM
it shouldn't change your jetting too much. try two sizes bigger and go from there. And don't waste your money on a snorkel block off. I used some thick plastic sheet and put it over the snorkel hole then put the snorkel clamp over it and tightened it down. then trim off the extra. works perfect.( this is on my practice bike, on my race bike i made an aluminium air box)

nacs400ex
04-09-2003, 01:51 PM
Yep, I used a spray paint can lid :D So the 2 jets bigger is the main jet?? Also what exactly is the stock jetting on the 400ex. Cause the place I go to are idiots.

nacs400ex
04-09-2003, 01:53 PM
Hey Forum, Titan cycle sponsors quads, I always thought they only sponsor bikes. Do they carry quad parts, other then DG and DG and more DG lol. I hate it all dirtbike places carry DG and I dont like DG :confused:

luvmyex
04-09-2003, 03:21 PM
What is the advantage of removing your snorkel?

ill_lil_romey
04-09-2003, 04:23 PM
What is the advantage of removing your snorkel? Yea I would like to know this too. I have a friend that has a 300ex thats bored and ported and he eats some stock 400's alive. He is running his filter straight off the carb though.

nacs400ex
04-10-2003, 04:05 PM
I dont know, I was just screwin around with a paint cap, and then i measured it. It fit so I put it in. I wanted to take that pain in the arse thing off because its doesnt really do anything, unless you go mudding. Its pretty dumb to ride with no airbox at all because your going to get rocks and stuff hitting it. The way I see it is it is only good if you drag. But I dunno, I am planning to get a alumin. airbox sometime, which will hold all my electrical inside. Are these ariboxes worth it ?

cals400ex
04-10-2003, 05:02 PM
the stock mainjet in a 400ex is a keihin 148. without the lid, assuming you have everything else factory including the pipe, i would try a 150 or a 152. the factory pilot jet is a 38. it is the 21 series, not the 22 series. you could probally get a 40 or a 42 and maybe your bike would start a little easier because this jet is too small from the factory anyways. however, the pilot jet will not help with full throttle performance, that is the main jet. the pilot jet is just for 1/4 throttle or less. if you want to get technical, you could also move the clip on your needle down one notch(this is the same as moving your needle up). this will richen up the bike at mid throttle. this seemed to help my bike in winter where now i don't have any stutters or misses when the bike is cold. i actually have the clip down one notch for summer riding also.

nacs400ex
04-11-2003, 08:41 AM
Alright, thanks for your help. Now I just gotta make a trip to the dealer.