PDA

View Full Version : help air scoops with maier plastic

exguysd77
04-08-2003, 07:35 PM
hey can anyone post some pictures of any air scoops with maier plastic like how they bolt on and what scoops should i get and where can i get them herd bad things abut the omf ones like they pount to your plastic or something like that if anyone can help that would be great thanks

TORO1968
04-09-2003, 05:36 PM
I don't have any pics of air scoops mounted with Maier plastic, but I might be able to provide you with some helpful info.

The OMF/PRM style scoops actually bolt to the fender mounting points on the frame, not the fenders themselves. I personally have the PRM scoops and love them, but I'm not sure if OMF's or PRM's would match up well with the bottom side of Maier front fenders. The PRM's also still retain the stock fender supports, so nothing is compromised when they're installed.

If you want to avoid this potential problem altogether, just buy a set of Tinner's scoops. They seem to be awesome based on what everyone says on here. These scoops don't meet up with the bottom side of the front fenders, so this problem is avoided. There's another air scoop post from the past day or so you should check out. It has pics of all of these scoops...

-Jordan

jmoney45
04-10-2003, 01:43 AM
I have to agree about Tinners. I have maier plastic and I just bolted my Tinners up yesterday with zero problems (they don't bolt to the fenders). I would highly recommend them.