PDA

View Full Version : bad day

300EXer
04-08-2003, 05:12 PM
Well today it was nice out so me and my buddy decided to ride out to a friends place. On the way he was passing me,just by a wee a bit and i didnt like that very much(hes got a blaster,always argue bout whos is beter). Well i held her wide open for about 5 seconds,then it died!I rolled to a stop.I waited for my buddy to turn around and listen to his smart ***** comments. I figured it blew up,or just overheated. Well we waited about 5 minutes and i started it up,and it ran fine. Then i thought i'd take it easy,so i lieft it in the bottom of fifth occasionally givin it some juice. Then we took a lil break,and when i took off i noticed it would kinda misfire or it wouldn't have any balls,but other than that it ran good as new. Well we got goin again and it died again,and i said "piss on this tow me". I didnt wanna wreck it anymore. Whats my problem?

300EXer
04-08-2003, 05:34 PM
bump
I NEED HELP

john308
04-08-2003, 06:26 PM
Have you tried cleaning your carb? You may have gotten a little dirt in there clogging the main jet and that is why it doesn't feel like it has a lot of power.

oynot400
04-09-2003, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by john308
Have you tried cleaning your carb? You may have gotten a little dirt in there clogging the main jet and that is why it doesn't feel like it has a lot of power.
That is the first thing I would check, make sure the air filter is clean also. ;)

wilkin250r
04-09-2003, 09:12 AM
Check the easy things first. I'd start with cleaning the filter, inspecting the airbox boot, and replacing the spark plug. Replace the spark plug even if it looks OK.

jarred15801
04-09-2003, 11:22 AM
mine used to do that in the winter mostly. mine wasnt jetted right and i think thats why. al i had to do was sit for a couple minutes and it would run like fine again. it wouldmostley do it in fifth gear pinned.