PDA

View Full Version : Problems with the site?

Scott
04-08-2003, 03:43 PM
Anyone other than me experiencing problems with getting the site to load? So far it's locked up my 'puter 3 times in the last 20 mins. It starts to load, I get a white background and the first red block in the top left corner loads and that's as far as it goes. Locks up tight. No ctrl-alt-delete to get out of it, got to power down and reboot.

Anyone else experienced this?

I have absolutely no problem loading any other site on the net. Just this one. Got any suggestions Ben? (Other than "but a new 'puter", unless of course EXRiders is going to "donate" one to me :devil )

jay's 300
04-08-2003, 03:44 PM
no probs here! :D

skinrider440
04-08-2003, 03:46 PM
nope

JOEX
04-08-2003, 04:58 PM
Not that bad here.... Ive been wondering where all that ram went though....
It was great for awhile then it seemed to go back to where it was. Then after the recent layout changed things seemed to slow down even more. I cleaned out my cookies and it helped a bit but not like when the new ram was installed:confused:

Joe

QuadJunkies
04-08-2003, 05:49 PM
mine is running like a champ!!!

CHAUNCY
04-08-2003, 06:24 PM
I had a couple problems lately. Been running alot slower than usual and it started to delete a couple of my pics and posts so I had to repost them:ermm:

RIDER11X
04-08-2003, 07:22 PM
My smilies don't work for some reason.

Castor-426ex
04-08-2003, 07:23 PM
its the monkey!:eek:

Ben
04-08-2003, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by CHAUNCY
I had a couple problems lately. Been running alot slower than usual and it started to delete a couple of my pics and posts so I had to repost them:ermm:

I can assure you that the site is not deleting pictures and posts :cool:

As for the site running slow - perhaps at huge peak times (250+ people online at once) it slows down a tiny bit (I watch the server speed very closely) but really it is running faster than it ever did for 99% of the people. I assume the new topbar which has a bit more graphics than the old one might take a fraction of a second longer to load for dialup users but I have trimmed its size down as far as possible and it seems to be running optimally for almost everyone.

Ben