PDA

View Full Version : Racers listen I need your advice!

rookiex
04-08-2003, 03:29 PM
alright I am going to sound like a lil b!tch right now,But heres my deal,I was out on a (dirtbikers MX track) the jumps were small not wide short run ways to 60fters....(backyard track)....This was the first time on a Bigger MX track in a long time,6 months I have been out of the game due to my leg an surgery broke in 5 spots pins an all, then they went in a took them out...My leg is weak My dad DOES NOT want me to hit the jumps yet (I don't have my leg brace the docter are issuein) An my grandpa who was just recently paralized tells me before I go (Be carefull buddy or you'll end up like me).....Now I get out on this track I am not doing ANYTHING my cousin who once I could smoke is trashing me,I don't know what to do So I get mad, An I go at the 80 foot double pinned in forth an hit the top of it with my back right tire off camber cuz of the jumps are way off what they should be, almost crash an break my neck.My leg is so weak that when I hit the whoops like I use too I can't even triple barly double an things I would normally have no fear toward comes to me like a monster,An I remembered the last time I was on a track was the day I broke my leg, An let me tell you the meds on had said I was lucky I did'nt die, I kept thinking about it an my grandpa an how easy it was for him to get hurt like that,An my new cdale I JUST couldnt figure out how to get it up in the air like the EX.God its the worst thing.....I lost the only thing I was really good at ya know.

Tell me whats wrong with me! :(

I know I sound like a sissy now.....an for those who have bad comments about my deal....keep them to ya selfs...cuz this is really buggin me :(

Bean
04-08-2003, 03:44 PM
work out the legs for a while, and just start back up like a novice, start on little 20ft tables, and work back up, thats the only way

mxdave28
04-08-2003, 03:55 PM
i will have to agree with bean...basiclly you will need to start over again....the worst thing you did and alot of people do after a nasty crash is....think you will be able to pick up right where ya left off. it took me about 5 months before i could even put half my body weight onto a quad seat let alone go out and rip off a big double. just take your time, build up your ability and work on that leg before ya know it your back.
another thing to keep in mind, no matter what ya do there is always risk....getting out of bed your taking a risk of twisting an ankle or stubbing your toe or something...you could get run down just checking your mail....doesnt matter what ya do Mx Xc or just even trail riding, accidents happen. there is a kid in here open forum i think was trail riding was even moving just chillen and the quad went rolling down hill he took off after it and fell into a creek busting himself up pretty good. he wasnt even on it! so in short take your time, work on it and it will be there. Good Luck!

ROGERS
04-08-2003, 06:46 PM
PATIENCE is the key. Been there, I know how you are feeling. Don't go out and try to rip it up.......Ditto above posts^

Later,
--Josh- I was a one-handed typer for a while ;)

04-09-2003, 02:16 AM
Just take it easy for a while dude... Your body went thru a trama and now you have to slowly get back into sync...no biggy give it time and you'll be roostin sooner than you know..:devil

bansheerider_13
04-09-2003, 08:15 AM
i know how ur feeling man i was like u b4 i wasnt scared of anything on a bike i would try just bout anything on a quad i was doing really good and could hold my own agaist nearly everyone around then i was in a bad wreck didnt break anything but just scared me after that i kept racing for awhile but wasnt doing anything i was scared of getting hurt and i even quit for a while that was towards the end of last yaer now i have desided to get back in 2 it again and i am slow getting better once again it just a long road to get back 2 where u once where after having a bad crash

AtvMxRider
04-09-2003, 08:50 AM
So I guess you won't get 5th place in the pro series this year huh?:rolleyes:

rookiex
04-09-2003, 09:20 AM
smart *** :grr YES I WILL :mad: this dude is always rippin on me its great this ATV dude ^

AtvMxRider
04-09-2003, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by rookiex
smart *** :grr YES I WILL :mad: this dude is always rippin on me its great this ATV dude ^

gncc571
04-09-2003, 10:05 AM
If I recall I seen a post from you not to long ago where you said you had been praticing with "Ben Jackson"and another where you raced at Sunday Creek and quilified for Loretta Lynn's(which you don't have to do).So which is it have you been riding or not,or just lying:rolleyes: :huh

rookiex
04-09-2003, 10:21 AM
No I did infact race at sunday creek an did fairly well but that is not a challangin track at all,And I raced in only one heat, I did not know that it was'nt a qfyer for lorettas....Because on my race calender it says ''loretta lynns qulifyer'' an the trophy I got said it too....I honestly did not know at all.

My cousin did vary well an he is a dirt bike rider he is the one whom told me to go for the area round.
And as for bennie he also told me I shouldnt be doing this stuff just yet.

I was at his track in marion and he seen my leg an how it was ALOT smaller than my other one my upper leg where my knee is, its like jello, His dad also said I should'nt be racing on it yet.Practicing is even hard on me yet I can't even make it around (even at sday creek) with out being winded for now.

LapTraffic
04-09-2003, 10:22 AM
Ride at your own pace Rookie. Dont push it till you get your strength back. Plus youre ona new bike. relax let it happen. dont try to force it.