PDA

View Full Version : Another Hatfield Post

02Yellow400
04-08-2003, 02:38 PM
Alright i know that put a post similar to this up before but I will be at hatfield-mccoy this thursday - monday. I dont remember which trials you guys said to ride. I am sure they are all gonna be pretty good but which ones should i definatly ride first? We will be staying at chief logan state park.

Where do you think i should spend more time at bear wallow or rockhouse? Thanks for the help.

Taco
04-09-2003, 12:54 AM
depends on what you like to ride? For some more rough technical trails ride Bearwallow. For some fast wide open riding go to Rockhouse.IMO don't waste your time with Buffalo Mountain. Coal River is good riding that is plenty fun.

02Yellow400
04-09-2003, 01:09 AM
How far is Coal River from Chief logan? I like both types or riding. Thanks for the help

04-09-2003, 03:38 AM
ride rockhouse the first day and make sure to take money with ya so you can go into town and buy some lunch, gas, and what not...:D

bearwallow normally is muddy but it's fun..no matter you'll have fun...just make sure to take a MAP with you at all times and keep an eye on your gas.....and be safe...camelbacks are nice to have too on those long rides...

Taco
04-10-2003, 12:59 AM
Coal River is prob about 20-30 min away from Camp. You'll see signs for it going down 119 south to the campsite.

Ex'r Marlin
04-10-2003, 10:21 AM
Wow! 5 days of riding!:eek: After 2 days of riding Hatfield McCoy, my old body is sore!!!:D

I recommend heading to Coal River first. It is just south of Charleston, WV on 119... or about 30 minutes from Logan, WV.

It offers great trails that are not too technical and rough on your body or machine.

Second, I would head to Buffalo Mountain. It is a bit of a driving hike to get there, but the terrain and views are awesome. You can drive into Matewan (sp?) and have lunch, gas up, and chill for awhile in town.

Third, I would recommend Rockhouse. A little more technical, with some great views. Like Rico said, you can drive into a town called Gilbert... Again, great people! Enjoy lunch at a Subway, or there maybe some other areas too. There is even a motorcycle shop in town if you need parts!!!!:cool: (Just bring money):)

Fourth, Bearwallow. Again, great trails, little more bumpy and challenging. Definetly will beat you up if you ride the trails hard! This is why I would go there last... You may not recoperate after riding these trails soo quick!:D

Good luck, and have fun!

Doibugu2
04-10-2003, 11:31 AM
We had problems find Rockhouse, not that it was that hard, but it was just farther then we thought. It might not be a bad idea to talk with someone that knows how to give good directions.

If you do have problems with your rides there are several dealers there to get parts. They also do sell the passes. But when we went there they were sold out.

redzoomer
04-13-2003, 01:35 PM
I like 'em all!! Just hang on tight and ride!