PDA

View Full Version : Swingarm Pivot Bolt

nigsrig
12-19-2001, 09:20 PM
I WAS TRYING TO REMOVE MY SWINGARM PIVOT BOLT TODAY AND IIT WON'T BUDGE,,TRIED HEAING IT UP,,PUT PLENTY OF LUBE ON IT AND HAE BEAT IT TO DEATH WITH A REGULAR HAMMER AND A SLEDGE HAMMER,,IT STILL HASN'T MOVED AN INCH..THINKING ABOUT CUTTING IT OFF..PLEASE HELP!!ANYONE GOT NY SUGGETIONS

Chef
12-19-2001, 10:21 PM
do you have a big air gun? if you do, just turn the bolt and hit it with a hammer and a chisel until it comes out, thats what i had to do

12-20-2001, 01:57 PM
thats a very expensive bolt to be cutting off

QuadRacer041
12-20-2001, 02:11 PM
your gonna have to beat the crp out of it to get it off so better order a new one now.
just do what ever you have to do to get it out pound it with an air chisel or sledge until its out.
do even try to save it cause its not gonna work, when you put the new one in, load it up with anti-sieze and then every few mounths take it loose and re apply anti-sieze.
sometimes what happens is the bolt will bend thats why it wont come out.
just stay calm and beat it out.

400exRacerX
12-20-2001, 02:12 PM
I just banged mine out with a thick steel pin and a hammer, you need to take the bolt off the top rear shock mount in order to release some pressure.

Hey quad041 where did you get that small flat piece of plastic to fill in the spot for your headlights on your 400ex?

AlaskaSpeed
12-22-2001, 10:57 AM
I used an air hammer...came out fine with that...JIM

QuadRacer041
12-22-2001, 01:46 PM
you mean the black piece, that goes from the front bumper up to the bars?
its a hood off an '86 250r

400exRacerX
12-22-2001, 10:38 PM
No, I dont meen the hood, I ment the black piece of plastic you put in were the headlights went, in the pic I seen you had a Nac's racing sticker on it. Heres the pic,

QuadRacer041
12-23-2001, 07:49 AM
ahhhh, ok,
its just a piece of plexi glass i bought from home depot.
i cut it out to size with a dremel then spray paited it black from the BACK side.you can paint any color you want, just paint the back side so it is still smooth on the outside. i had to make some little brackets to hold it in place from the back as well but it worked very well. it never fell out and it was on there for all of last summer.
if you really want i can take a close up pic of it because after i took it off i kept it, so i still have it.

quad041

400exRacerX
12-23-2001, 02:13 PM
Thanks alot, That would be great if I could see a close up pic, but if it is too much trouble for you to take the pic or whatnot then don't worry about it.