PDA

View Full Version : Haspin Acres!

jesshamner
04-08-2003, 12:21 PM
Some friends and I are going to Haspin Acres on April 19th. Is anyone else planning on going there? If you are going, let me know. It would be nice to actually meet some of you guys.

nuttynewt
04-09-2003, 03:53 AM
I'm planning on being there on the 18th. I might still be stumbling around with a hangover on the 19th. Depends on how everything goes and what the weather is like.

jesshamner
04-09-2003, 04:40 AM
You might as well stick around for another ride. You could show us around. This is our virgin experience at Haspin. :D lol.

nuttynewt
04-09-2003, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by jesshamner
You might as well stick around for another ride. You could show us around. This is our virgin experience at Haspin. :D lol.

You will have a blast. I'll have to see what's up that weekend.

jesshamner
04-09-2003, 08:01 AM
Any suggestions for riding up there? Oh yeah, do they allow quads to ride on the mx tracks? I thought I heard somewhere that they didn't.

nuttynewt
04-09-2003, 08:19 AM
Yeah, you can ride on them all you want (there are two tracks). Badlands won't allow it. You're getting the two confused, I reckon. :confused2 I mostly ride the trails, but hit the mx track occasionally. There is all kinds of terrain there. You can make your ride as tough as you want it - trails everywhere. Most of the time, there are 3 or 4 trails you can take to get up the same hill, etc. so if you don't like one, take another. I just hope we don't get a lot of rain that week.

jesshamner
04-09-2003, 08:25 AM
Thanks. It should be fun. I have never rode on an mx track so i am a little excited to get on one. I really hope it doesn't rain that weekend. I have been wanting to ride so bad lately. I haven't had a good ride like that for a while. I went to Big Rock in KY during the fall but I had my girlfriend cousin that was slow. He was slow and inexperienced so the pack just left us behind. I will be pissed if it rains. What do you ride? Just in case you decide to stay.

honda250xrider
04-09-2003, 08:31 AM
the last time i went the motocross track wasnt that good , but if you are a beginner than it would be perfect

jesshamner
04-09-2003, 08:37 AM
What didn't you like about the track?

honda250xrider
04-09-2003, 08:40 AM
the track was kinda in ruff shape, you would think 15 dollars a person that they could take care of it a little better? but they need to run a disc through there every once in awhile, there were ruts and things in the track that when you went over would just bounce bounce bounce bounce, the jumps really arnt that big, not unless they have changed them

jesshamner
04-09-2003, 08:45 AM
Well that sucks. I was mainly wanting to hit the jumps. How long ago were you there? Where are you from?

nuttynewt
04-09-2003, 09:16 AM
I ride a 86R, white and blue, with n-style graphics and omf beadlocks, scoops,,,,,,,,blah, blah, blah... when I find out if I'll be there for sure I'll let you know and we'll make a time/place to meet up. I was over there sunday and they was bulldozing on the lower track. They have tamed the tracks down considerably, most of the jumps now are tabletops.

absrio
04-10-2003, 08:47 AM
They got MX races there this weekend both Sat. and Sun one on each track. so by next weekend they should be pretty good

tclapp
04-10-2003, 08:53 AM
How much bigger/better? is the larger track then the smaller track?