PDA

View Full Version : cannondale tierod ends on 400ex lobo 2???

mxracer111
04-08-2003, 09:27 AM
i was wondering if you can do this.... i mean i know that the fit and all.... but will they change anything....as far as steering, bumpsteer, etc. better or worse? i am running a lobo 2 front end on a 400ex chassis..... and got a set of cannondal tierod ends for free that are brand new..... i just like the idea of them being greasable..... jsut wanted to see if it would change anything

Tommy 17
04-08-2003, 09:32 AM
i've seen them on a houser lt 250r b4 with no problems... i like the idea of the grease fitting on them also...

trx400ex
04-08-2003, 09:39 AM
I dont see it changine anything as far as bump steer goes, im just using stock tie rods. I guess as long as they have a great enough range of motion which im sure they do they will work fine.

Hey do you know where to get a new set of balljoints for a lobo front end and how much they are gonna cost?

mxracer111
04-08-2003, 09:48 AM
yes in fact i do know where to get them.... infortunatly ...they are really expensive too....$50 each bearing..... is that all you need.... the lower heim bearings, then the upper red ones right? i just bought them last week froma guy that sells parts here and there....cant give out his number...but i can get tehm for you.... but try roll deirect and see if they are cheaper...but they will porlly charge more than that

trx400ex
04-08-2003, 09:56 AM
:eek: so 200$ for a set....lmfao...damn, i will check with Roll and ill let you know what they say. hopefully less but i cant imagine that

mxracer111
04-08-2003, 09:58 AM
yep.... 200.... he usually hooks me up too.... so i bet roll is higher than that...but yes...please let me know what they say

trx400ex
04-09-2003, 08:08 AM
The uppers are $46.95 and the lowers are $34.95. We have them in stock.

Looks like Roll is actually cheaper.

Hey are you running the PEPs with the lobo? Thats what i have right now, but ive never seen it done to much before.. Im going to buy a set of axis fronts later but looks like ill have to rob a bank just to pay for some balljoints.

I wanna see some pics of that YZ when you get it done....It sounds awesome.

cdalejef
04-09-2003, 08:13 AM
Cannondale tie rods end work great.....but you must grease them every ride or get some tie rod end boots for them.

mxracer111
04-09-2003, 08:31 AM
greasing them every ride will not be a problem...that is planned.... i actually will be racing MX so they actually wont get too much time on them. i jsut thought it would be nicer than the stock ends.

yes i will have my new ZPS in about 2 weeks..... i sold my axis over the winter to try out ZPS..... most people seem to run axis with Roll becasue that is how they used to be sold as a set.... but there is no reason to not run ZPS or something like that....they are all great shocks.... honestly....i switched cause i want the chrome bodies that the ZPS has. (pretty bad huh? hahah)

i will definatly have pics up on the site as soon as she's done....prolly about another month or so.... i cant wait though.... that thread that says "sickest conversions"....its calling my name.... i cant wait.

trx400ex
04-09-2003, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by mxracer111
greasing them every ride will not be a problem...that is planned.... i actually will be racing MX so they actually wont get too much time on them. i jsut thought it would be nicer than the stock ends.

yes i will have my new ZPS in about 2 weeks..... i sold my axis over the winter to try out ZPS..... most people seem to run axis with Roll becasue that is how they used to be sold as a set.... but there is no reason to not run ZPS or something like that....they are all great shocks.... honestly....i switched cause i want the chrome bodies that the ZPS has. (pretty bad huh? hahah)

i will definatly have pics up on the site as soon as she's done....prolly about another month or so.... i cant wait though.... that thread that says "sickest conversions"....its calling my name.... i cant wait.

Yeah PEP bodies look great, this is my third set of PEPs, i have an axis rear because the frame has a long travel rear mount and axis is the only shock that will work i guess....i dont know but i would like them to match so i guess its either get axis fronts or a stock length PEP rear.

Tried to post a pic but i dont know what happend ill try to delete that. Do you have any pics of yours in the rebuild stage...heres one from a few months ago..should be done late tonight except for front 190s im waiting for.

anywhereEx
04-09-2003, 08:45 AM
Finally i am not the only one that has that look of throw some chit around :D

mxracer111
04-09-2003, 08:52 AM
here is a pic from about a month or 2 ago.... i have the whole front end on now...and the complete rear end.... just tore the motor down for powdercoating , new porting, and rebuild.... ill try and get updated pics this weekend