PDA

View Full Version : Best Plastic Cleaner???

12-19-2001, 07:21 PM
What's the best plastic cleaner/ keep shiny er? My yellow 400 has faded closer to an off-white (not really, but it's not as bright) and I want the stock brightness back. Any help would be greatly appretiated(sic). And I just painted the little white plastic covers over my front brakes Ford engine RED as well as the calipers themselves(that's a little difficult) and they look real nice from the inside of the rim, but you can't really see 'em through the rims. Just thought I'd let ya know.

REDNECK400EX1

----
Yeller 400
CT RACING pipe, K & N and hopefully a new axle soon for the one I just ripped the hub out of.

Alberta EX
12-19-2001, 08:15 PM
Mothers makes a plastic polish I might try, they say you can polish out hairline scratches and nicks. Check them out at
www.mothers.com look under their special products section of their website. Anybody else try this stuff???

redrider ex
12-19-2001, 08:18 PM
for cleaning wisk or super clean
for shinning mop n glow or son of a gun

12-19-2001, 09:27 PM
Super clean and a solution of car wash

And Armstrong vinyl floor wax/polish

dune250r
12-20-2001, 12:48 AM
I agree with others. to make your plastic shiney again use mop and glow. It is a floor wax. It may sound odd to use a floor wax on a bike but it works great.

Scott
12-20-2001, 07:12 AM
I tried the mothers plastic polish last weekend and wasn't impressed. I'll be damned if I can see where it did anything with scratches, and afterwards the plastic I did looks the about same as the plastic I didn't touch.

I have been fairly happy with using Black Magic Tire Wet on the plastic. I suppose it's similar to WD-40, but it seemed to last longer. Spray on, wipe off the excess, done.

As soon as the temp gets back above freezing I'm going to try the wisk and mop-n-glo. I'll let you know how it turns out...

300eXTraILRyDeR
12-28-2001, 07:37 PM
i went to the local honda shop and bought the honda pro polish spayed it on and looks great not bad for $4.50

RideRed400EX
12-30-2001, 05:23 PM
Mop and Glo works the best

12-30-2001, 06:26 PM
If the yellow on your stickers is a bit faded then it's probably been out in the sun for a while, theres no way of bringing back the color that I know of maybe you should invest in new stickers.:(