PDA

View Full Version : Polished CranK Case

GrounD PoundeR
04-08-2003, 06:15 AM
Dose anyone know of a good way to polish crank case covers aluminum? Part of the paint is scraped off so I am think about removing all the paint and polishing it myself.

Pvt. Maggot
04-08-2003, 06:34 AM
heres a pic of mine when i was half done....i only charge 30 to do it so if you want it done and don't have time to do it i'll do it for you...heres the pic

04-08-2003, 10:43 AM
i charge 60 total for cases on a 400ex, 40 for a 300ex

Pvt. Maggot
04-08-2003, 12:23 PM
30 for any cases....:grr

04-08-2003, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Pvt. Maggot
30 for any cases....:grr

dude, what is with you and your hissy fits, if you do both cases for 30 bucks total, thats fine with me, everyone has their prices, no need to get your panites in a bunch:ermm:

Pvt. Maggot
04-08-2003, 01:00 PM
who said i was mad or anything like it. i hit the wrong smiley button...chill

04-08-2003, 01:02 PM
who said i was mad or anything like it. i hit the wrong smiley button...chill

its not like i knew you hit the wrong smiley, im looking at the smiley board right now and i dont see a smiley close to the blue one that wouldnt mean the same thing

Pvt. Maggot
04-08-2003, 01:16 PM
like i said in the other post...don't start stuff you don't want me as an enemy

04-08-2003, 01:23 PM
i thought this thread was about polishing?:huh

OutlawEX
04-08-2003, 01:36 PM
I also do covers..Ill beat any price;)

04-08-2003, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by OutlawEX
I also do covers..Ill beat any price;)
i bet i can beat yer price brandon ;)

Bean
04-08-2003, 02:14 PM
like i said in the other post...don't start stuff you don't want me as an enemy

im sure he is really sh*ttin his pants MR TOUGH@SS

CBW
04-08-2003, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by nacsracer27
i thought this thread was about polishing?:huh

yeah so did i,,,,,,,,,,everytime somebody posts about getting something polished this happens ..........

so i may as well say my 2 cents.......$30 wont even get my arse outta the chair :ermm:

play nice you guys:rolleyes: :p

Sparks425Ex
04-08-2003, 02:25 PM
For all You guys that are fightin over prices and beating each others prices. I think yas should just stop.. And go practice some polishing. Cause it looks to me like ya need a lil more work. I not flammin but I just saying...

My price is 50 per case... And Like Chris Said 30 just ain't gettin me outta the chair..

You should prolly just start on small stuff and work your way up as you get better. You are better off not starting big and ruinin somone cases..

Most places charge upwards up 75 to 90 per case.. You guys plan on charging for labor or just charging for materials...

Labor ain't free ya know...

02Yellow400
04-08-2003, 02:32 PM
Yeah very well said. My cases took me like 15 hours or so of work to get them to be exactly how i wanted and get all the crevecis and cracks. Granted i didnt have all the tools i should have but i got the job done. And i can say i definatly would charge more then 30 prolly like in upwards for 50 per side.

trx400ex
04-08-2003, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by CBW

so i may as well say my 2 cents.......$30 wont even get my arse outta the chair :ermm:

lmao!!!:D :D

04-08-2003, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Sparks425Ex
For all You guys that are fightin over prices and beating each others prices. I think yas should just stop.. And go practice some polishing. Cause it looks to me like ya need a lil more work. I not flammin but I just saying...

My price is 50 per case... And Like Chris Said 30 just ain't gettin me outta the chair..

You should prolly just start on small stuff and work your way up as you get better. You are better off not starting big and ruinin somone cases..

Most places charge upwards up 75 to 90 per case.. You guys plan on charging for labor or just charging for materials...

Labor ain't free ya know...

i kno my polishing isnt the best, but i can polish cases, and i would never go 30 bucks a case on a 400ex, theres just too much time and hard work to go that cheap, im just saying right now ill polish anything unless its like a harley davidson head, but i fiured if i started out cheaper now, then as i got better like up to chris waters good, i would charge more, im still gettin started, sorry im not perfect, but i did my friends 400ex cases for 50 total,(i did it cheap cuz hes a good friend) and all i had to buy was like 2 wheels for my dremel to strip the paint in the hard to reach area and the wheels cost 2.39 eash so i made about 45 on it, not bad for someone just starting out

04-08-2003, 03:03 PM
yea, its not worth 30 a case for a 400ex either, but 300ex are smalller, and not as many hard to reach areas

GrounD PoundeR
04-09-2003, 06:15 AM
Sweet Jesus. I asked how and what do I need to polish my crank case, not who can do it for me. If your not going to help me out with that then dont even reply. My 5 year old has better manners then the way yall are acting.

Now let me say it one more time. I already have the paint off thanks to some other geniuses help that used a brass bristle wheel on it. Nice brushed aluminum but I wanted polished. Would like help on how to go about polishing it. Not who to send it to.

UglyMotha™
04-09-2003, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by GrounD PoundeR
Sweet Jesus. I asked how and what do I need to polish my crank case, not who can do it for me. If your not going to help me out with that then dont even reply. My 5 year old has better manners then the way yall are acting.

Now let me say it one more time. I already have the paint off thanks to some other geniuses help that used a brass bristle wheel on it. Nice brushed aluminum but I wanted polished. Would like help on how to go about polishing it. Not who to send it to.

ROFLMAO oh my god some of you guys need to get real, i think rule #7 should be no polising threads better yet Ben you need to put one HOW TO POLISH thread in the FAQ forum that way that way nobody has to ask again it seems like the whole body forum has turned into a polishing forum and they always turn into a brawl between a bunch of youngsters dukin it out for your business:huh

LMAO

R'Fanatic
04-09-2003, 07:27 AM
Here are the steps:
220 grit sand paper
400 grit sand paper
600 grit sand paper
800 grit sand paper
1000 grit sand paper
1500 grit sand paper(wet sand too)
Buff it with Tripoli compund(buy from eastwood)
Buff it with White Rouge(buy from eastwood)
This may be alittle pricy. I comes out shiny though.
You can skip some of the grits it just takes more work:)

04-09-2003, 08:09 AM
i didnt even use any fine grit sand paper, i stripped with air craft stripper then i sanded down realy realy smooth with 180, then went to 400 and that was it, then i have to brillo pad wheels for my dremel that, i used the rougher one first around the whole thing, then the finer one, then used tripoli on a sisal buffing wheel, then tripoli on a soft buffinh wheel, then white rouge on a loose buffing wheel

optikid123
04-09-2003, 09:59 AM
RULE 5!

No commercial advertising of any sort, except for advertising for our sponsors/paid advertisers - including banners in posts, avatars, or signature lines, website addresses, phone numbers, or messages (public or private). This includes users advertising for different shops or companies. We enjoy all shops taking part in EXriders but no contact information, including websites or phone numbers. The administrator alone will make the final decision on what is advertising but as a simple rule it covers all retail shops, chop shops, and product manufacturers big and small. Manufacturers are strongly encouraged to post information on their own products, but please no ads or prices. Violation of this rule will result in one warning and then a permanent ban.

this is gettin retarded he wants to kno what hes gotta do to polish the stuff so quit the fighting over the price dude

go to www.eastwoodcompany.com and get some tripoly and white rouge and if u dont have one already something to buff it with:)

SUPERFLY 400
04-09-2003, 10:55 AM
I have a knob you can polish:D

04-09-2003, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by nacsracer27
i didnt even use any fine grit sand paper, i stripped with air craft stripper then i sanded down realy realy smooth with 180, then went to 400 and that was it, then i have to brillo pad wheels for my dremel that, i used the rougher one first around the whole thing, then the finer one, then used tripoli on a sisal buffing wheel, then tripoli on a soft buffinh wheel, then white rouge on a loose buffing wheel

dude umm i jidt did, and chill out, no one was advertising, all i did was post a pic and he threw a fit, tis settled now, i didnt read the post right from the begining about the gu wanting to know how to do it, so yea, and your a tad late on saying it cuz someone already said what you said except all the advertising stuff

GrounD PoundeR
04-09-2003, 11:13 AM
ROFLMAO oh my god some of you guys need to get real, i think rule #7 should be no polising threads better yet Ben you need to put one HOW TO POLISH thread in the FAQ forum that way that way nobody has to ask again it seems like the whole body forum has turned into a polishing forum and they always turn into a brawl between a bunch of youngsters dukin it out for your business

Bingo! Thanks UglyMotha. You hit the nail on the head. I appreciate the help R'Fanatic & Nacsracer27.

As for Superfly400 when you can get your wife to give you your balls back maybe you might be able to get yourself a kit for your 400EX or better yet come down and visit your Bro. :eek2: Its only been what 3 years since you came down here or are you going to Disney World this year. Maybe you can take Jakob this time.:D

LMAO

SUPERFLY 400
04-09-2003, 11:17 AM
i didnt read the post right
You cann't read and you cann't spell. Here's some advice spend more time in school and less time polishing.

Grounded: call me tonight!

04-09-2003, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by SUPERFLY 400
You cann't read and you cann't spell. Here's some advice spend more time in school and less time polishing.

Grounded: call me tonight!

lmao, ok whatever you say, im not gonna argue with stupidity, its called typo's, i suppose your perfect at typing right?:rolleyes:

GrounD PoundeR
04-09-2003, 11:22 AM
See now thats the way you should reply and not arguing with family. Remember I haven't finished your basement yet.:devil

SUPERFLY 400
04-09-2003, 11:24 AM
Hey now bro. why you want to bash on me... that was not intended for you. by the way tell your wife to spit my balls out.:D
and better enjoy your 5 minute ride, because thats as long its going to last before it blows.

GrounD PoundeR
04-09-2003, 11:24 AM
Hey Nacs I appreciate the help, but I bet Superfly can Military Press your but. Simple terms: If you run into him he might ruin your weekend.

04-09-2003, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by GrounD PoundeR
Hey Nacs I appreciate the help, but I bet Superfly can Military Press your but. Simple terms: If you run into him he might ruin your weekend.

o well, im not worried about it

OutlawEX
04-10-2003, 08:28 AM
This thread is getting no where...:grr

GrounD PoundeR
04-11-2003, 01:10 AM
I got the information I needed from the thread the rest though is B.S.

danney f
04-11-2003, 10:49 PM
Polishing 101

http://www.caswellplating.com/buffs/buffman.htm

Hope this helps, GrounD PoundeR