PDA

View Full Version : LOST CLUTCH! Help

EXDUNER127
04-08-2003, 04:52 AM
The other day I was putting my side case back on (the clutch side)
and as I was tightening the case I heard this pop sound from inside...at first I thought that it wasnt alligned right and had just snapped in place but then when I refilled oil and started up my bike, there is no play in the clutch nothing at all and I tried tightening cable near motor and lever and still nothing so what did I funk up, help Im freaking out over here, bike runs fine and all. Just no clutch play.

EXDUNER127
04-08-2003, 05:48 AM
c'mon someone has to know something about clutches...

UglyMotha™
04-08-2003, 05:54 AM
did you rotate the clutch lever in the case as you put it on so it would hook up sounds like you didn't and had it turned the wrong way and snaped the head off the clutch pin

quadman21
04-08-2003, 06:05 AM
I know hind-sight is 20/20, but you should have taken the cover back off when you heard it pop. It's not a real big deal. However I would take the cover off now and check it. Uglymotha is right. It sounds like you didn't get the clutch pin lined up just right. It won't be hard to check or fix. Just a matter of taking the time.;)

EXDUNER127
04-08-2003, 06:11 AM
No I didnt rotate cause I didnt know, It was when I was getting that broken screw from the oil filter cover out which was easy, but it is ine thing after another-right! So what do I look for and how much to replace and do I just buy from dealer, you guys are big help.

quadman21
04-08-2003, 06:23 AM
The good news is that you might not have to buy anything. I would first take the cable loose and rotate the clutch lever (the one at the case cove) and rotate it all the way back counterclock-wise to see if it catches like it's supposed to. That lever has a groove that pulls out the lever pin. In any case, I would probably just take the cover back off to be on the safe side. this way, if it is something else you'll be able to see it and also, you'll be able to see how the lever engages with the pin. Hopefully you haven't huet anything and all you have to do is line the lever and pin up.

EXDUNER127
04-08-2003, 06:40 AM
Thanx-Im gonna work on it as soon as I get home....Did u do this before or are u just that good.

quadman21
04-08-2003, 06:51 AM
I just got done putting new clutches in. Trust me, I am NOT that good. I need help myself with cylinder studs in my 440