PDA

View Full Version : STupID Me i cant believe i did that!!

yellowrider
04-08-2003, 02:49 AM
i changed my oil yesterday and i was in the process in tighing all my bolts up then i added oil ... 3 hours later i was riding a wheelie on top of the hill to shut it off when i got to the top cause the starter isnt working it needs a fuse but it keeps blowing..... but anyhow when i turned it off i smelled oil buring then i get off and look around its shooting out of the motor where the bolt is supposed to be,,,,,.... so itook my key out and got my truck then loading it up and this morning i have oil all over my truck!

but anyhow i am sute it had oil when i was riding that wheelie i believe if i wasnt riding that wheelie up the hill it would have blown up cause the oil tank oil wouldnt have got to the motor that fast so i think i didnt hurt anything like i said when i turned it off it was still shooting oil out the s ide with lots of pressurethen it quited down and i left and got the truck and didnt move it ...

so what i am asking is do you all think it hurt anything and also where could a good friend get a bolt that will fit that looks exactly like the honda bolt but doesnt have to go to the honda shop..... they would make fun of me all year long so i going to g o somewheres else to get the bolt.... what size is it and what should i tell them to order the bolt anyhow ???

help me out please ....

trueblue450
04-08-2003, 03:00 AM
I'd rather be laughed at instead of having a blown up engine!:eek2:

K_Fulk
04-08-2003, 03:41 AM
Tell the parts guy you accidently kicked the bolt in the garage and you can't find it.:)

SGA
04-08-2003, 03:50 AM
Get the correct bolt, and washer if needed. Fill it up with oil, listen for knocking. You are worrying to much what people think of you. I've flubbed plenty of times over the years, and have been laughed at. I just laugh with them. Sure, they might laugh, who cares? Fix it and go on.

yellowrider
04-08-2003, 12:55 PM
hey i went to the yamma shop today and got me a bolt and a washer that fits right in and picked me up some yama lube and filled her up when i got home on the back of my truck then .. i then pulled it off my truck and pushed it to the road and then put it in neutral then pushed it then jumped on it then, poped clutch then, started i then warmed up the motor parked it on are porch looking for leaks ( i had cardboard down) then i turned it off and checked the oil which was good ... i then made sure i felt no oil around the new bolt .... and then i made sure i tighed it up .... i then rode it and really didnt know what to think at first besides it runs like it did besides!!!!

i think that yamalube is better than the honda stuff i used .. . it shifts a whole lot smoother and the motor is cooler ....

it's 20w40 if any of u all wants to know... i think you all should give it a try but it hard to read on your oil stick cause its really clean looking ......

( who knows yamalube could have gave me more horsepower):rolleyes: :D

yeah i am really lucky .... its not just that i didnt want to be made fun of .... its just that when i go over there i always joke on them i dont wanna get joked on that sucks !!!:devil

K_Fulk
04-08-2003, 02:59 PM
Your lucky one of my riding buddies had there drain plug brake off on his z while he was riding. That will be an expensive fix.

yellowrider
04-08-2003, 03:02 PM
hey i went to the yamma shop today and got me a bolt and a washer that fits right in and picked me up some yama lube and filled her up when i got home on the back of my truck then .. i then pulled it off my truck and pushed it to the road and then put it in neutral then pushed it then jumped on it then, poped clutch then, started i then warmed up the motor parked it on are porch looking for leaks ( i had cardboard down) then i turned it off and checked the oil which was good ... i then made sure i felt no oil around the new bolt .... and then i made sure i tighed it up .... i then rode it and really didnt know what to think at first besides it runs like it did besides!!!!

i think that yamalube is better than the honda stuff i used .. . it shifts a whole lot smoother and the motor is cooler ....

it's 20w40 if any of u all wants to know... i think you all should give it a try but it hard to read on your oil stick cause its really clean looking ......

( who knows yamalube could have gave me more horsepower):rolleyes: :D

yeah i am really lucky .... its not just that i didnt want to be made fun of .... its just that when i go over there i always joke on them i dont wanna get joked on that sucks !!!:devil