PDA

View Full Version : Need 400EX Frame and Other parts

bansheebc
04-08-2003, 01:57 AM
I am needing another 400EX frame and a few other things, a-arms and few nuts and bolts, i bought a 2001 model 400 that was wrecked and the frame has been welded in like 14 places, i just dont feel safe running it, anyways, needing a frame for a reasonable price there 480 new plus shipping so i will pay half of new and shipping for a frame, i dont need a new one cuase i am goin to sell this 400 when i put it back together anyways so title doesnt matter i have and extra title for a 400 but i am goin to get it powdercoated so if you have a frame doenst matter where it come from give me a shout and let me know, email me pics at
Bansheebc88@hotmail.com

i would be willing to drive to meet and pay for the sellers gas thanks

bob

Sick0
04-08-2003, 05:32 AM
No bodys goignto sell you a frame for 240 dollars. But i have stco a-arms for sale. Came off a 2001 400ex. 80 for the set . plus I have an axle also.

bansheebc
04-08-2003, 05:56 AM
acutally i have had 2 offers in just 1 hour , once people understand you can buy them brand new from service honda for 480.00 then its goin to be hard to sell used frames for over new price and i will let people know when i see a frame for sell over new price,that there asking to much for them i am in the retail business too so i know what it means to shop around to find the best deal, i have sold over 25,000 on ebay alone, but some people dont care aobut saving a buck or 80, when you need something in a bad way, you will pay for supply and demand i have done that plenty of times, anyways, thanks

Sick0
04-08-2003, 06:17 AM
Also if your in the retail market, you will try selling every thing for as much as you while still try to kepp it the product moving. I f you price every thing above retail and every body stills buys it, I'm sure you will still sell it for the higher price. I will go with out some thing if I fell I'm not getting a good deal.

bansheebc
04-08-2003, 07:12 AM
Well that is why i got into this business, 7 years in the race scene and nobody willing to cut any deals, i said hell with it, i was tired of paying retail or 10% off , so i sell everything at 10-15% above cost, why, you ask, because anyone can sell anything to anybody but if you treat them right and give them a good deal, they will come back again and again, thats why i move over 35,000 a month in parts sure it might not be much to the bigger guys out there, but all i do is ebay and i would advertise my prices on here, but C@D racing wouldnt like that to much, so i will respect there turf and not step on there toes here in this website. but we could argue all day about this, all i am trying to get across is what goes around comes around, you rip someone a new one by selling a frame for 1000 dollars and then a week later they find a brand new one for 480, they are not goin to come back to you and will probally blast you all over the internet, same in the retail market, i have had no telling how many calls about my prices on lets say TCS shocks, saying that i am atleast a 100 bucks cheaper than anyone else, thats why i sold 16 pair last month. you save people there money and they will spend imore with you, anyways, take care

and modderator if this in anyway brakes the rules of this website, then please let me know and i will delete this post

thanks

bob

PRO TRAX 265R
04-08-2003, 08:53 AM
i agree with you!!!! alot of the guys out there rip alot of people off.i think if everyone sold things like you do the aftermaket quad industry would be alot further then it is now.there would be more racers,more purse money,more happy saticefied people out there!!!

sell less,move more product,make way more money than the struggling big comanys out there.

we have to remember we are all quad riders here we should all work together.

one for all
and
all for one

mxracer111
04-08-2003, 09:24 AM
just to let you know.....you cant jsut pick up the ohone and order a brand new frame for $480. you have to have a title to an existing 400ex, which a lot of people do not have....that is what drives the price up on used frames with titles...... when you call them they will want a copy of your title., copy of your drivers liscense, and some other info to prove that the name on the title matches you..... they will then process the paperwork through Honda and send you a brand new frame with a paper stating that your old title and vin numbers superceed to new numbers that will be on a sticker attached to your new frame....and yes i said a sticker,....they are not stamped in like the original frame.
i have bought 2 new frames in the past 2 months for my quads. o yeah....and some places will make you cut off your old vin number tab and mail it in to them.

so if you have a title..... you should just order a brand new frame.....because everyone on here knows what most people on ebay and other places will pay for a 400ex frame....they are too popular now for conversions and stuff like that.

good luck

Sick0
04-08-2003, 10:15 AM
I'm not trying argue with you. If I'm try to sell parts for my sell, some old parts I have lying around just trying to sell for money. I believe you should get as much as possible. But If I were in your shoes trying to make a living at selling parts I would cut poeple deals, giving them good price, good sevice. I know in this sport if you help poeple you end up helping your in the long run.