PDA

View Full Version : I've decided to give it all up!

GNCC#829
04-07-2003, 09:21 PM
Well guys, I have decided to give up racing for a while. Me and my wife are wanting to buy a house, so we don't have to live in this little apartment forever. I didn't feel like I could spend the money I needed to on racing and still save money at the same time. Something that makes it even harder is that I am leading the Four Stroke B points right now. Some people said to just go to a few races. I decided not to do that either. If I went to one, I would want to go to the next one, then the next one. I would be right back where I started. It was a tough decision, but I needed to get my priorities in order. Let me know what you guys think! I see a whole lot of exriders and off road fury in my future! I've got to do something to occupy my time.
Russ

Ryan
04-08-2003, 02:08 AM
That sucks you gotta give it all up. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do :ermm: .

Do you have any plans on racing in the future?

Pappy
04-08-2003, 02:12 AM
dont do it:( youll regret it forever. just ride and have some fun...but dont sell the toyz:macho

04-08-2003, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
dont do it:( youll regret it forever. just ride and have some fun...but dont sell the toyz:macho

I agree...stop racing and do the occasional ride with the buds but don't sell your baby..

I understand the expensive racing habits fully....a few hundred dollars to go beat the chit outer yourself and tear up your quad for a $5 trophy and a few braggin rights...still makes me wonder if we all have mental issues..:huh

Taco
04-08-2003, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by Rico
...still makes me wonder if we all have mental issues..:huh

Nope I don't wonder, I KNOW you have mental issues:devil

GNCC#829
04-08-2003, 06:00 AM
I have no plans of selling anything. I'll see about starting racing again next year.

400grl
04-08-2003, 06:20 AM
I will be in the same boat next year if my divorce stuff doesn't go through smoothly.......have been in an apt for 1 1/2 years after separating, and I miss having a house and garage and a hose to wash my stuff off with (the carwash loves me though)......

You have your priorities right - you can always race later - get your house and start building equity as soon as you can - that will pay off in the long run! Throwing rent money down the drain each month is killing me....what a waste!

MEL
04-08-2003, 01:42 PM
i've been there myself and wish i would have done things differently. i gave up racing in '93 and sold everything because it was getting to expensive. i ended up spending the money i put into racing on beer instead of the bank. about 2 years ago i got the bug to go back racing, so i jumped into the vet class at our local xc series. i finished 3 rd in my series this year and keep thinking about where i 'd be if i would have kept with it. #829 you've got to do what you think is right. its hard to get a good nites sleep before a race w/out a roof over your head. just don't take to long to come back.

AtvMxRider
04-08-2003, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Taco
Nope I don't wonder, I KNOW you have mental issues:devil

LMGDAO:blah

Bretmd94
04-08-2003, 06:15 PM
That sucks. At least you have a place with actual racing. Try living in the North West. Quad racing here is the 4 people with quads that show up at the local track. Everyone else is at the dunes. Or i could drive 8 hours to cali and race.

Good luck though, hopefully you will be back racing soon.

AndreS
04-08-2003, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Bretmd94
That sucks. At least you have a place with actual racing. Try living in the North West. Quad racing here is the 4 people with quads that show up at the local track. Everyone else is at the dunes. Or i could drive 8 hours to cali and race.

bretmd94- i hear ya there! quad racing is growing really slowly up here... more scrambles & MX tracks each year have quad classes... it's just that nobody knows about them & few riders show.... no club is tracking race info for quads in the NW at all.

#829 you'll be back into the groove soon enough, meanwhile have fun!