PDA

View Full Version : Just slip on: Big power difference?

doctor_915
12-19-2001, 06:14 PM
I currently have $350 bucks saved up for my 400. I was thinking about getting the WB E series slip on and a K and n filter and jet kit, I need new brake pads too. I am not gonna ask about what pipe is best cuz i see that question on here at least once a week.
Will I notice that big of a power difference btwn the slip on and full system? Don't plan on racing just want a decent trail machine.
Thanks ahead of time.

__________________________________________________ __

O2 400 yella
drilled way too many holes in airbox and rode in mud, bad combanation.

"When all else fails put it in 2nd."

400exJOE
12-19-2001, 06:46 PM
on a mostly stock bike there is no need for full exhaust. You should notice some real nice gains with just the silencer alone. With the K&N and the WB slip-on, I would run a 155-158 main jet. Also, get an outerwares or prefilter to go over the K&N.

TRX250EXER
12-20-2001, 12:05 AM
Well I have only a 250 ex and I am getting the same setup on mine next week. Now that they have the e series for the 250ex. :D But I didnt know weither or not to get the whole exhaust or just the slip on. So I'm gonna get just the slip on and see how I like it. The only sad thing is is that they dont make the whole K & N Power kit yet for the 250ex. So I have to buy the jet kit and the air filter and the recharger stuff separate. At least thats what my damn honda dealer told me. Maybe they just dont have new catalogs yet. But it came to the same price but I dont get the pre filter thing to go around the filter. :mad: I'll let you know next week how I like it.

RAPTORAZ
12-20-2001, 05:03 AM
I have an E-series on my 400EX. I didn't notice much of a power gain until I put in 18 discs, removed the airbox lid and went to a 165 main and 42 pilot. Per White Bros. instructions. They ship the E-series with 12 discs so that it will run okay on the stock jetting. Doing these mods really woke it up. Jetting the EX is a breeze. 10 minute job.:)

Oops, forgot to mention that you'll also need to move the needle up one position(that's moving the clip to one groove lower). If you're curious to how it performs, I'll tell ya. At Glamis on Thanksgiving 2001 I had a chance to pair it up against my Pro Circuit slip-on piped Raptor and with the same paddle tires and similar weight riders my EX would holeshot the Raptor till abound 3rd. gear then the big dinosaur went by. I'm impressed with my 400EX. If they ever come out with a 650EX my Raptor is history.

Stunz
12-20-2001, 06:09 AM
I'm selling a new, still in the original plastic wrap, White Brothers E-Series slip-on. It's currently for sale in the "classified" section. The hightest bid as of last night is $180.

Are you interested?

Originally posted by doctor_915
I currently have $350 bucks saved up for my 400. I was thinking about getting the WB E series slip on and a K and n filter and jet kit, I need new brake pads too. I am not gonna ask about what pipe is best cuz i see that question on here at least once a week.
Will I notice that big of a power difference btwn the slip on and full system? Don't plan on racing just want a decent trail machine.
Thanks ahead of time.

__________________________________________________ __

O2 400 yella
drilled way too many holes in airbox and rode in mud, bad combanation.

"When all else fails put it in 2nd."