PDA

View Full Version : Please read...Sending a T-shirt overseas, need help with design.

JLanphear
04-07-2003, 03:23 PM
Hi Guys,

Our group (CVBOYZ) was contacted by a group of troops overseas stationed in Kuwait. They have been there for 3 months now.

They asked if it would be possible for us to send them over a video tape of our team, which I am doing.

I'm also sending over some stickers for them, some videos on CD, and some 8x10 pictures too.

I was planning on sending a t-shirt over as well. Then I thought I could make it even better by coming up with a special design for them. Something patriotic.

Unfortunatly my graphics skills for the most part suck....I don't really have any idea where to start. I figured maybe you guys could give me ideas of what to make, or you graphics gurus could post some ideas up.

I'll attach our logo below. ALSO, the type of font that we use when we put our website address on things is called ALIEN ENCOUNTERS (bolt + italics).

I'm anxious to hear/see ideas....The design can be multicolored, any combination. I will post pics of the final shirt, as well as the all the other stuff for the package going over to Kuwait. The troops are also supposed to send pictures back for us, so I when they do I will post them up for all to see.

Of course, I will also give credit of the design to whoever creates or inspires it, and share that with the troops.

Thank you all for reading this, and thanks for the support. I know it's nothing big, but according to the guys I've talked to over there, they appreciate it tremendously.

Take care.

-Josh

Ps. If there is anything anybody would like to contribute to the package I am sending, please don't hesitate to post back here, or send me a PM, or send me an email at josh@cvboyz.com . I'll make sure they get it. This is being sent directly to the 3rd Marine Air Wing, and I'm sure it will be shared by all.

QuAdRaCeR244
04-07-2003, 04:21 PM
talk to Striker...his work kicks *****:) i also think that it is really cool that you guys are thinking of our troops overseas :muscle:

Striker49
04-07-2003, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by QuAdRaCeR244
talk to Striker...his work kicks *****:) i also think that it is really cool that you guys are thinking of our troops overseas :muscle:

Retired dude. I dont have the time. Sorry. :ermm:

JLanphear
04-08-2003, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by QuAdRaCeR244
i also think that it is really cool that you guys are thinking of our troops overseas :muscle:

Thanks Man....Our hearts go out to those guys, so we really want to hook them up with some cool gear. It's hard for me to imagine being away from my family and friends for months at a time, not to mention being away from my quad and other things I enjoy.

We owe them more than we could ever pay back.

-Josh

JLanphear
04-09-2003, 03:28 AM
Well, looks like I'm going to have to take art lessons so I can make something up on my own ;)

Doibugu2
04-09-2003, 03:34 AM
Josh, I heard on the radio yesterday that they were stopping care packages because they have way to many to send. I'm not 100% sure about this, so you might want to check into how to send the stuff. Just a thought.

JLanphear
04-09-2003, 04:48 AM
Thanks for the heads up...I heard this also, but it was a while back. I'll double check with him to make sure it can get there, or we'll have to look for an alternate route.

Thanks again!

-Josh