PDA

View Full Version : rear swingarm?

northeast400
04-07-2003, 02:59 PM
Thinking about a swingarm which is best, do I need to change anything else at that time?

RideRed400StYlE
04-07-2003, 03:01 PM
as for best I would say RPM, or Roll Design. what else you might need it matters if you go extended or not. if you get a longer swingarm you will need a longer chain, and a longer brake line

416exmx
04-07-2003, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by RideRed400StYlE
as for best I would say RPM, or Roll Design. what else you might need it matters if you go extended or not. if you get a longer swingarm you will need a longer chain, and a longer brake line

also need to revalve shock if you go longer

04-08-2003, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by 416exmx
also need to revalve shock if you go longer

But that is not a must to do if you go with a longer swingarm..yes it's good to do with the swingarm upgrade but not something you HAVE to do.. I"d say replace your swingarm bearings too....as for which brand to get...that's up to you..what brands you like and your cash amount... I run houser and have no complaints..

400grl
04-08-2003, 04:12 AM
I have a Lonestar which so far has been fine.....:D

Extremeracer167
04-08-2003, 04:26 AM
if u just go with a +1 1/4 swingarm u wont ned longer brake lines. The swingarm bearings should come already installed in any aftermarket swingarm u get. If you are gonna get the longer swinger, ide def. revalve your shock. Suspension is the most mportant component on a quad. So i would count on Swingarm, chain and sprockets, and whatever u decide to do with the shock.

04-08-2003, 07:02 AM
first time i ever heard of needing a revalve in the rear , hmm

04-08-2003, 07:37 AM
i just ordered a +1 1/4 in silver vein same as this

400exRacerX
04-08-2003, 08:10 AM
When I upgraded to my + 1 1/4" swingarm i had to replace my rear brake line. I was told you didnt have to and when I installed the swingarm and went to install the brake line it was stretched out just sitting. Now when the shock gets conpressed I'd imagine it would snap the brake line.

04-08-2003, 08:14 AM
hmm ill have to look into that when mine comes in, how much are steel braided rear brakelines?

Mxbubs
04-08-2003, 08:31 AM
Buy my chromed swinger with new elka shock shipped to your door for 900$ buckaroos.:D

400grl
04-08-2003, 09:10 AM
I don't believe I will be doing any more business with RPM. They have jerked us around about my bf's spacers for his axle, as well as the locking nut we paid $65.00 for and it stripped out within a matter of weeks (this was for a Raptor). They wouldn't give him a new one because they said it was installed incorrectly (my bf is a technician and knows how to install an axle nut). His spacers on his axle started collapsing almost immediately - we called and told RPM this (this was a year ago) - they said they would send us some heat treated spacers to replace those.....they never came. The middle spacer collapsed so far over itself there is now about 1/4 inch on the axle where the threads run out - which is another reason the axle nuts continue to come loose. Again, he called them - they said they would send the heat treated spacers last week - no problem. Nothing. He called today and was told that they would send them, but now they were going to need to charge him for them. What a bunch of crap. Their customer service is going downhill - it seems that they don't need to take care of their "smaller" customers because now they have big names buying their stuff. And after gettting the run around for this long - we are done with RPM. Plus they jacked the price of their swingarms up another $100 and they make them so you HAVE to buy their carriers.......no thanks. We will spend our money at the smaller places that make great products but don't rip off their customers - places that still know what good customer service is.

Sorry to rant, but it makes me mad. Good luck with your swingarm.......

04-08-2003, 09:21 AM
sorry to hear, but rpm makes one of the best swingarms and there prices dont go up for another month, i dont think u have to buy there carrier either

400grl
04-08-2003, 09:29 AM
They don't? Then you are getting different information than we were - or maybe it's because you have a Honda. :) We were ordering a Raptor swingarm 4 weeks ago and they told us that the price had just increased $100 - plus their swingarm would not hold the stock carrier - we would have to purchase theirs. Maybe it's different for the Raptors - I don't know. I have a Lonestar swingarm on my Honda. I'm not trying to bash - I know they have great products (for the most part) - but without good customer service it's not going to matter to me at all how good their products are when it comes time for me to buy or recommend them to anyone else.

The RPM Swingarms look great, BTW! The blue-vein is kewl, the silver is probably cooler - I am sure you will like yours. :)

04-08-2003, 09:31 AM
as far as i know i ordered mine through a dealer today he told me another month or two, if not ill pay 650 for one and i need a carrier anyway

trx400ex
04-08-2003, 09:44 AM
There prices for axles went up a while back so i assume that they raised their prices on everything then. If your not going directly through RPM there might be a chance to get it for the old price. Anyway that sucks to hear especially since ive heard so many good thing about RPMs service, also the only other axle thats good besides and RPM is a LSR and i was hoping to upgrade to an RPM some day. That sucks, but ive never liked there swingers anyway, i think the rear cutout looks goofy, but thats just me.

400MXer
04-08-2003, 09:46 AM
I ordered mine from RPM directly and i thought they were great. Very nice. after i ordered my swingarm, two days later i ordered the rear chain guide, I forgot to get it before, then it didn't ahve bolts when i got it. they siad that usually people order them with their swingarm and they install the slider and include bolts. then they said that they would send them too me. now i've got them. no charge.

I think you have to have a rpm carrier in the raptor swingarm because they make it so that you can adjust the chain like the 400 or 250r.

I will never bash RPM...EVER. they have been nothing but courtious and have provided me with TOP QUALITY products and answered all of my questions. Nice guys. NO COMPLAINTS HERE>

400grl
04-08-2003, 09:49 AM
Well - I have an RPM axle on my Honda......and I have not had these problems. I think it might just be with the Raptor products, but it seems like the customer service issue might be dependent on who we talk with. Jeremy there has always been very helpful - but he's hard to get ahold of, and our problems have come up when we have talked with someone other than him.

And I would like to repeat that I am not intending to bash - I am stating that the customer service we have received has been less than good. It may be that we are a unique case, but it still happened, and it still affected our choice of future products.

400grl
04-08-2003, 10:14 AM
Cool - update!

Just called RPM again - wanted to talk only to Jeremy. He said that he would personally send the heat treated spacers to us tomorrow - no charge. Said he was sorry it had become such a problem getting them.

So - a big thank you to Jeremy for his help!

Extremeracer167
04-08-2003, 10:22 AM
my spacer is crushing in my Herrmmann Carrier. I wonder why they are all using such a cheap spacer tube:confused:

04-08-2003, 10:31 AM
yeah i hope he was right when he said another month or two before they go up id still pay 650 for one :cool:

400grl
04-08-2003, 10:50 AM
Maybe some get used without being heat treated first?

Quadfather
04-08-2003, 12:38 PM
I have nothing but good things to say about RPM. Jeremy has treated me very well. He spent about 30-40 minutes with me on the phone when I called with questions about his/their swingarm. I have been extremely happy with my swingarm. I have standard length ss break lines, and a Lonestar carrier, no problems.

While I was on the phone with Jeremy, somehow the conversation drifted to toy atvs. I knew they had them, but wasn't really interested in purchasing one after the $540 hit. Without a second thought, Jeremy said he would throw two of them into the box with the swinger. He also said he would three day my order, no charge. I got the box two days later. Not only did he throw in two toy atvs, but he also threw in 2 shirts, and a hat.

RPM knows how to take care of people. I'm sure 100% of their customers wouldn't, or couldn't say the same thing, but I'm the only one that matters, at this point, and I'm happy.

Quadfather
04-08-2003, 12:41 PM
here it is

MX26
04-08-2003, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Quadfather
here it is

Can't beat that.. Unless maybe 3 toys and shirts..:D

OutlawEX
04-08-2003, 01:26 PM
Laegers

04-10-2003, 06:21 AM
im so pumped i cant wait to get mine:blah , i got it in silver vein

northeast400
04-10-2003, 01:12 PM
how about lonestar?

T-R-X
04-11-2003, 03:22 AM
This is my Gibson swingarm on my r, ive also seen them on 400ex's and have hard they are holding up great.

T-R-X
04-11-2003, 03:23 AM