PDA

View Full Version : need help really bad and really fast. please help please

quader400
04-07-2003, 02:40 PM
my swingarm pivit bolt was stuck in so when i finally got it out the bearing were dust. after i blew all the dust out there were like two ridges sticking up and i think that that was the old bearings out side and now i have the the new bearings in the wrong side and dont know how to get them out without damaging them or how to get the old ones out with out taking the new ones out. and anyone who has put new ones in knows how hard it is just to get in but i dont know if anyone has a shop manuel that i could buy or like on cd or something please help heres the pics. you can see from the above shot that the bearing is sticking out to the left. please help. thanks to anyone who helps.

quader400
04-07-2003, 02:41 PM
another.

quader400
04-07-2003, 02:42 PM
one more

quader400
04-07-2003, 02:44 PM
on one of these you can see the ridge that comes up. i just need to know how to get it out or if that is supposed to be there shop manuel would help thnaks

toby400ex
04-07-2003, 03:09 PM
dont the bearing kits come with a tool to remove those sometimes, at least on dirtbikes
:confused:

quader400
04-07-2003, 03:34 PM
no

Jeffksf
04-08-2003, 03:35 PM
Put it in a vice and squeeze it in place once it is flush with the swingarm find a socket that just fits in side then put it back in the vice and use the socket to push it where it needs to be. THe vice works like a press then. Understand?
I also believe the bearing needs to be to one sideof that bore, I don't remember which side though.

quader400
04-08-2003, 03:49 PM
yea i used a c clamp to press it in and then i realized i put it in the wrong side and that the old outside of the bearing was still there so i need to get that part out so i can get the new bearing to the side it needs to be but i dont want to wreck my new bearings.

Rip_Tear
04-09-2003, 11:17 AM
First, Please buy a manual, it will help you out in the long run for sure!

You can either press the bearings out (the old and the new) and then reposition the new bearing

Another option is to take a drill press (the press is best, well this is the easier way) and drill out one side of the old bearing and you should be able to pull it out with a pair of pliers. Or you could use a file but it will take much longer.

Good luck.

416exmx
04-12-2003, 05:11 PM
hey quader400 this is off the subject but where in IL do you live. good luck with your bearings.