View Full Version : Got Me A DirtBike!

OakleyAe48
04-07-2003, 02:25 PM
Hey guyz! I got me a DirtBike!! It's a '86 YZ125 that needs a little work... I bought it off my friend for $400. It needs a power valve, intake boot, and head gaskets. It looks good and only needs a little work! I got a couple questions....

1. Where can I find parts on the net? I mean like if I wanna buy aftermarket stuff.... Where can I go on the net?!?!

2. Nebody got experience with this bike? Am I in for a good time?!

Thanx a lot in advance guys.... I can't wait to get it runnin, I wanna ride! I'm sooooo happy right now!!! :D :D :cool: :devil

04-07-2003, 02:30 PM
nice should be a good bike have fun with it

Narly R
04-07-2003, 03:02 PM
:grr umgaraghtthudtendgdhs tradder gtafddrebdjdiudtgbeiudsy:grr

J/K man thats cool!Hope ya have fun!

BlazingYamahaYz
04-07-2003, 04:06 PM
i have an 89 Yz125 that im selling now....u should have some fun, but u need to make sure to keep it very well maintained.....i usually get parts from Dennis Kirk (http://www.denniskirk.com/) and also Midwest Moto (http://www.midwestmoto.com/)

QuAdRaCeR244
04-07-2003, 04:19 PM
good livk with the new bike....post pics:)

CHAUNCY
04-07-2003, 05:14 PM
You are up for a good time. Try www.rockymountainmc.com for parts. I think thats the address.

CowsBitePeople
04-07-2003, 11:51 PM
Yeah get some pics!! Sounds cool....im workin on gettin a new dirtbike once mine sells on ebay :)

MaTT....

lil400exman
04-08-2003, 01:21 AM
the older a 2-smoke gets the touchier they get man just kepp her in tune very good run a constant mixture in her and u will be happy the rest of ur days! oh ya take ur dome off and clean the carbon off ever 25-30 hours to keep her runnin like a top check ur air filter alot . run water wetter in you cooling system.also clean ur pipe out alot too.keep your silencer nice and packed! i was reccomended to do it every season (its not hard at all to do) and u should be fine!;) :) they rip man they rip..............................

cudaman
04-08-2003, 04:45 AM
yeah i ride my friends 2003 yamaha ttr 125 (almost exact same thing as yz) and its a lot of fun, wheelies are hella easy and there little so they will go anywhere.

MSL
04-08-2003, 04:53 AM
yeah i ride my friends 2003 yamaha ttr 125 (almost exact same thing as yz) and its a lot of fun, wheelies are hella easy and there little so they will go anywhere.

Sorry but they are not even close

OakleyAe48
04-08-2003, 11:23 AM
Hey guys I got some pics... here ya go!!

hessianmx111
04-08-2003, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by cudaman
yea thats why my kx100 will demolish a ttr in a straight line drag and moto track:tired: nice bike by the way it should be a whole lot of fun. i would def order a catalog from dennis kirk because i have found there prices to be consistently lower than alot of the competition and it usually gets to ya in 3 business days

Glow Plug
04-08-2003, 11:32 AM
awsome hope you like it :D

Ballistic Atv
04-08-2003, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by cudaman

Rofl hahaha. You actually compared a ttr 125 to a yz 125 ( a real dirtbike:macho ) lol thats funny because they are nothing alike.
The ttr is a kids beginner trail bike, its a 4 stroke unlike the yz125(which is a 2 stroke, incase you didnt know they made 2 strokes :rolleyes: ) The suspension on the ttr is made for trail riding, and the yz's suspension is tuned and designed mainly for motocros.
The yz would rip a ttr a new whole to breath out of in any category you compared them to each other.

Oakley,
There are alot of places you can buy aftermarket parts online.
Like some other people have said, dennis kirk and rockymountain atv are some good companies to order from.
But you can also search on google.com for companies that sell aftermarket parts.

Kilabanshee
04-08-2003, 12:32 PM
My friend has an 86 yz 125 and not to piss u off but all he does is have problems with it. But when it runs its an excelent bike

dirtmomma
04-08-2003, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by MSL
Sorry but they are not even close
I agree, 2stroke vs. 4stroke:rolleyes: :huh :huh :huh

I got one of the yz125's sitting up in my yard, we may have the frame sold ($75), it doesn't have the motor in it cuz we are thinking of putting it in a smaller frame dirtbike(KDX80) or maybe in the boys TRX90!!!! Vroom vroom. but my husband wants $400 for it w/ the motor so you got a pretty good deal, heck they look alot alike.

cudaman
04-08-2003, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Ballistic Atv
Rofl hahaha. You actually compared a ttr 125 to a yz 125 ( a real dirtbike:macho ) lol thats funny because they are nothing alike.
The ttr is a kids beginner trail bike, its a 4 stroke unlike the yz125(which is a 2 stroke, incase you didnt know they made 2 strokes :rolleyes: ) The suspension on the ttr is made for trail riding, and the yz's suspension is tuned and designed mainly for motocros.
The yz would rip a ttr a new whole to breath out of in any category you compared them to each other.

Oakley,
There are alot of places you can buy aftermarket parts online.
Like some other people have said, dennis kirk and rockymountain atv are some good companies to order from.
But you can also search on google.com for companies that sell aftermarket parts.

sorry, about that, i mixed up the yz125 and the yz250f , i was thinking that the yz125 was a four stroke. you dont have to be so b!tchy about it. of course i knew they made four stokes. i just made a mistake.

Ballistic Atv
04-08-2003, 02:28 PM
lol i am being b!tchy am i?
Dude, i was just razzin ya.
If you cant take criticizm on things you post in a public forum than you shouldnt post anything at all!
You can flame me all you want, i really couldnt care less what people say about the things i post.

04-08-2003, 02:39 PM
id much rather have a ttr 125l than a ttr 225, the 225 is a early 80s designed pos, they jumped it 3 ft high and sagged the pegs bent the wheel, the ttr is based off yz 80 frame

bluebaron
04-08-2003, 02:50 PM
ummm can you get a thomb throtle for a dirt bike,

CowsBitePeople
04-08-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by banshee_ex07
ummm can you get a thomb throtle for a dirt bike,

Ive never heard of one....A thumb throttle on a dirt bike woule be weird and not right :huh

MaTT....

cudaman
04-08-2003, 03:35 PM
i wasnt talkin sh1t and i can definetely handle your contructive critism, i was just fixing my mistake and letting you know y i made a dumb@ss mistake. thanks :)

OakleyAe48
04-10-2003, 01:03 AM
HaHa..... You guys are so nice to eachother! Here's a list of what all I got....

'86 YZ125
Spare Almost Complete Motor
Extra Airbox
Extra GasTank
Full Extra Set Of Plastics
Lots of Extra Parts.... Everything I'm gonna need!
I Got All that and More That I Can't Think Of Right Now For $400!!

Think I Got A Good Deal?! :eek2: :D

I Can't Wait To Get It Runnin!!!