PDA

View Full Version : 250ex leaking gas

balla250ex
04-07-2003, 01:13 PM
The other day I stood my 250ex up and it was leaking gas like where the back of the engine and carburetor would be. Is this normal or do I have a serious problem!? It is running fine and I have'nt noticed any problems at all. I dunno whether i have somthin wrong or is it normal...It does'nt sound like it would be normal. My friend said his bayou does it also, but it seems to me that if it can leak out than water could just as easily get in!! Help!!

toby400ex
04-07-2003, 01:50 PM
That is completely normal, it freaked me out the first time i did that with my recon a couple years ago when i first got it. It is the overflow tube from your carb. It drains when it is on its back so that it doesnt flood with gas.:p

balla250ex
04-07-2003, 01:53 PM
Ok thanx, that is the same thing my dad said, but he does'nt know anything about quads, only cars. Thanx very much

250EXking
04-08-2003, 01:53 AM
if you turn off your gas from your tank with the swithch on the side you can flip it up. it will leak just a little then it will stop as long as you turned off the gas. this is great to work on the bike.

balla250ex
04-08-2003, 02:18 PM
Yea, because I was wondering how I would be able to get under it without wasting my gas! I reckon my brain does'nt have enuff fuel runnin to it!! :D