PDA

View Full Version : goin to build a 450f... question on how much i can sale parts for...

Tommy 17
04-07-2003, 12:02 PM
well i put my application into the local grocery store today for a job... mom and dad okayed me for the loan of 4g or what ever it takes to build one... they will sign...

they want me to buy a truck or camaro but i want to build my dream quad... my questions are....

how much can i sale my stk frame poweder caoted fresh, and my stk 400ex motor...

how much can i sale the rest of the 450f like the frame, shocks etc on ebay...

my cuzs friend just sold a crf450 for 2700$ a few weeks ago and i missed the deal to his brother... but i'm gonna try to make a deal with him and offer him up to 3700 for the bike... he will take it i know for a fact... they are clueless on what bikes are worth

i'm just tryin to get figures right now on what i can get for my quad parts... i plan on buyin the arens frame and using the burgard +1 and elkas i have right now on it... and keep the rear end how i have it till mid june for my birthday get the elka rebuild and lsr axle... the swing arm and stuff will come in time... its only gonna be 1/2 my pay to pay the loan each month...

i know u all probably think i should do other mods 1st like swinger and stuff but i think it will be just as much and i'll come out close to even if i get the 450f motor cheap enouf...

if its gonna come out under 4g then i'm good if not i'll just get the truck and put a lil bit into the 400... this is goin to be built over time... right now i just wanna start on the frame and engine...

thanks for any help u can give me on people who have built them already... i know this post is long haha sry

250x#93
04-07-2003, 12:07 PM
Go for it!!!:)

04-07-2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17

my cuzs just sold a crf450 for 2700$ a few weeks ago

You got the same cuz as monkeyboy and slapmynutz????:eek:

AtvMxRider
04-07-2003, 12:17 PM
Get the job first.

Foxrage
04-07-2003, 12:20 PM
I have the same exact plan for this summer when i get my job. Im in the same exact boat as you only im gonna ride the dirtbike all summer and do the conversion this coming winter. I would say go for it.

Tommy 17
04-07-2003, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Rico
You got the same cuz as monkeyboy and slapmynutz????:eek:

nope... this kid is just rich and i don't think he cares about money... he makes a lil bit of money on the side to with some wacky grass also... haha

i'm in for the job... its only a matter of time till the opening comes... the guy told me it will be within the next 2 or 3 weeks i'll be workin 30 hours a week... at 5.15 a hour...

250x#93
04-07-2003, 12:30 PM
im gonna ride the dirtbike all summer and do the conversion this coming winter.

Not a bad idea tommy, Know ya like quads better, but it would be better to do it in the winter, that way u can ride all summer. Just a though :cool:

Rip_Tear
04-07-2003, 12:36 PM
Good luck Tommy! Gees you just got your 400ex back together now you want to get ride of most of it.. Have your read the post by Arens in the Suspension etc forum, get the multi frame! Then you can keep the 400ex stuff for now and put a 450F in it later :D

04-07-2003, 12:49 PM
buy a 450 get skid , bars, graphics and all that and sell the 400 and buy a truck

Striker49
04-07-2003, 01:00 PM
Talk to Jeff (The Quadshop). They recently sold their 450 for 13k and Im 110% sure he could help you out extensively. :D

CHAUNCY
04-07-2003, 01:07 PM
If I were you I would buy the 450 ride it during the summer and sell the 400. That way you would have something to ride and then when you get enough parts for most of the conversion start parting out the crf or sell it as a rollling chassis. Anyhow, I wish you the best of luck with this project.

Tommy 17
04-07-2003, 03:01 PM
i'd buy a bike but i'm deadly scared of them... i have a fear of my front end washin out again:( ever since my crash that broke my leg i'm terrified to get on a bike again and go fast...

the arens multi frame will work perfect for me... bc i can buy the frame and use my 400 motor till it sales then put the 450f in it... it may take me a few months to get it all together but it will be together! if theres a will theres a way...

i think its sad i want to rip the 400 back apart basically... i've only rode it 2 times since i got the frame pced red!!! haha

it will be a on going project... but i think its worth it!!!

RideRed400StYlE
04-07-2003, 03:24 PM
your still gunna be at rausch, right? lol I would say go for it. I want to build a 450 too. I am just gunna pay my 400 off and buy the 450 frame, and then build it over time. might take me a year or so to get it done, but my 400 is good enough for now

Tommy 17
04-07-2003, 04:08 PM
no matter what i will be at rausch creek... nothing will stop me from that good time...

thats the good thing about the arens frame... i can run my 400 motor in it till i get a 450f... or run my stk frame with a 450f motor at my house till i get the frame...;)