PDA

View Full Version : Helmet Cam?

zroost
04-07-2003, 11:49 AM
Does anyone have one or know where to get one? Thanks

dj416
04-07-2003, 12:50 PM
at the helmet cam store. j/k nah look on ebay i've seen them there before. the go fror about 2-3 hundred without the recorder

CHAUNCY
04-07-2003, 01:00 PM
Go to dirtwheels website. Then look for a link to a helmet cam site. I know I have seen it on there.

Nj400EX
04-07-2003, 01:10 PM
www.helmet-camera.com

oldnumberseven
04-07-2003, 01:58 PM
I have one from helmet-camera.com and I love it.....the housing is very well made.

TC17
04-07-2003, 02:38 PM
i heard you have to wear a phanny pack and put it around your waste so it has something to record to? i was thinking about getting one myself. that would be awesome to show all my friends 1st person view of my races and jumps and stuff. i know they don't get jumps very well though. i saw jumps from Huevos 20 feet high on the cam and it didn't even look like he was more than a couple feet up. i dunno. still would be awesome to were one while your racing. pretty cheap it seems. maybe i'll get one this summer and get some good clips of racing. anything else you need to know about them? a lot of wires? audio? video clarity?

Narly R
04-07-2003, 02:55 PM
I taped a video camera to my head!:devil It was HEAVY!! But cool, It sucked because it was ponted down too far so I could only see the front of the bike!:mad: I was too lazy to take it all off and re-adjust it, maybe a nother day..................................:rolleyes:

Juggalo
04-07-2003, 04:18 PM
we used to have one until we started to hate the kid who had it. heres the view from our 70 footer tho.

Narly R
04-07-2003, 05:03 PM
WHAT!!!!!!!!!! THATS SWEET!!!!!!!! How did you get it to take a still pic? Looks like your pretty high!!!! That looks sooooo SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:devil :devil :devil :devil :eek2: :D

F-16Guy
04-07-2003, 05:11 PM
"Juggalo... turn right, heading 030... decend and maintain 2000... contact approach control at 126.72."

CHAUNCY
04-07-2003, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by F-16Guy
"Juggalo... turn right, heading 030... decend and maintain 2000... contact approach control at 126.72."

LOL:p

GNCC#829
04-07-2003, 09:28 PM
My dad has one and he loves it. Not just any video camera will work with it though, most of the ones that do aren't cheap.

dhines
04-08-2003, 01:59 AM
I'm running the helmet-camera.com setup too and it's done fairly well for me. It takes a while to get the camera mounted just right on your helmet (you need to point it a lot further down than you would think), but once you have it dialed in it works great. The toughest thing by far is finding a recording device. I had been runnning an old heavy (5lbs) recorder that I got off of Ebay but it just got to be a pain to deal with so I switched to our Sony digital camcorder (probably a pound or less) a week ago at the last Mid South hare scramble. It was so much better! I just can't let the wife know that I'm running around in a race with her very expensive camera strapped to my back!

TORO1968
04-08-2003, 04:11 AM
That still picture is nuts!! :eek2: I can't imagine hitting something that big...

I've also been looking into buying a camera from helmet-camera.com too, but I'm worried that my digital video camera won't survive the harshness of the terrain. I don't really feel like throwing $800 down the drain right now.

-Jordan

Bill Fuller
04-08-2003, 05:09 AM
Originally posted by dhines
I'm running the helmet-camera.com setup too and it's done fairly well for me. It takes a while to get the camera mounted just right on your helmet (you need to point it a lot further down than you would think), but once you have it dialed in it works great. The toughest thing by far is finding a recording device. I had been runnning an old heavy (5lbs) recorder that I got off of Ebay but it just got to be a pain to deal with so I switched to our Sony digital camcorder (probably a pound or less) a week ago at the last Mid South hare scramble. It was so much better! I just can't let the wife know that I'm running around in a race with her very expensive camera strapped to my back!
Well well little d worried about his wife beating that bootie:D maybe I should call and tell her how her loving loser has been dragging her camera through the mud:devil My daddy,:rolleyes: 4 words for you little d!!!

zroost
04-08-2003, 09:39 AM
Great info....Awsome air juggalo...When I do get one which will be shortly I will try and post some video..I want to get one especially because of this one idiot we ride with...He always manages to ride up trees.get wedged real bad, always gets banged up on every ride...I have video of him trying to cross a pond with real thin ice and he crashes right in...mojave goes to bottom..looks like he is standing on water...It was in the dead of winter...he had a long cold ride out being towed...

Juggalo
04-08-2003, 02:42 PM
haha thanks. our helmet cam was hooked to a sony digital camcorder that we kept in a backpack that the rider had to wear. it was pretty sweet. heres another pic, the kid in front is just about to crash actually

WildCatRacer
04-09-2003, 03:43 AM
I have one but its real crappy. it was like $50.

www.bulletcam.com

www.digitalww.com

www.realandvirtual.com

www.wirelessvideocameras.com

www.helmetcamera.ca/

www.sportzshot.com

www.eatmydirt.com.au

http://www.rfconcepts.co.uk/helmet_cameras.htm