PDA

View Full Version : best bushings?

lil400exman
04-07-2003, 07:14 AM
what are the best bushings for 250r a-arms and swingarms? price really isnt a problem i want something that is solid and can take a beating................:) i have heard bronze is good but do they seize up?i also heard from another guy urethane is good but requires constant greasing 9i will grease it but they guy i was talkin to said like every 2 rides grease em):eek2: but i would liek your info on this..................also what bearing carrier is good twin row or double bearings?:cool: also what brand? everyone says rad or herrman racing is this true?:) thanks for the info!

papaw
04-09-2003, 12:31 PM
herrman racing has double wide bearings and they work great they lasted me a whole season last year.that was with their carrier though.richards bushing are urethene greaseless and pretty much bullet proof.they do squeek sometimes nothing a little wd or penetrating oil won't take care of.richards bushing gets rid of seals also alot less hassle when maintaining.give him a call at 413-443-1141.hope this helped,troy ross....

pairanutz
04-09-2003, 08:47 PM
i use and realy like HELM ent urathane bushing kits you do have to grease them more than brass but he sends you directions on how to install grease zerks in your a-arms and swing arm bolt that and when they do go bad they dont chew up everything like stock ones
helm ent
717-334-4647
www.atvbushings.com