PDA

View Full Version : Arizona Riders?

12-19-2001, 11:58 AM
Come on, who's a zonie on here? Any of you been to the Safford dunes? Are they as wimpy as I've heard? Let's go riding & partying.

Pepto_Bismol
12-20-2001, 01:19 PM
Funny you should ask, I asked the same thing twice in about a month and no one responds. Surely there has to be more than just TWO of us in AZ????
Anyway, I just got my 400ex a month ago, and it's a blast. I also just moved out to Apache Junction, and my house butts right up to the state trust land out there by goldfield road (goldwater canyon). That's where I do most of my riding. Although soon I want to make it out to Speedworld, because they now have a seperate quad track. I can usaully only go riding on saturdays cause of work and stuff, but I have two weeks off during Christmas...guess what I'll be doing!!!
Anyways, if you want to hook up, let me know!! It is always more fun to ride in packs...all my friends have dirtbikes...it not quite the same as riding with other quads!!

Pep. :cool:

400grl
12-26-2001, 03:41 PM
Hey....I'm a zonie! I ride at Speedworld all the time...the quad track is pretty cool - lots of fun for just ripping around and staying in shape.....not as much fun as the main track, though! If you stay at practice late enough, Dan sometimes lets the quads on the main track for about 1/2 hour - and we still race on the main track.

I am thinking about going out Saturday morning - haven't been there in a couple of weeks.....been trail riding - now I feel all out of shape! Track riding is THE BEST strength training/cardio workout there is!!! Don't feel bad if you get out on the track and poop out after the first couple of laps! It takes getting used to to get your endurance up! Riding on the track also makes a better trail rider out of you........

Glad to see more AZ people in here!

patrick delao
12-27-2001, 07:35 AM
Have any of you Zonies gone to the Cinders. I live in New Mexico (ALB) and went over ther to Flag last year a loved it. I had a banshee back then and did alot of hill climbing and the bike did real good. I'm trying to go pretty soon again to try the 440 out.

400grl
12-27-2001, 08:39 AM
The Cinders are awesome! We go up there in the summer, when it's too hot for Glamis! I love camping up there....and the views are incredible - especially from the top of 100 dollar hill!

Your 440 should do awesome out there!

Pepto_Bismol
12-27-2001, 05:34 PM
Well, I just went out to the track Sat. B4 Christmas, and it does beat the crap outa yah!:D I'm like getting old or something, but it is fun. We also went on the supercross track there, it's nuts, but you can get some crazy air on the outside jumps on it. It looks light we might be going out this Saturday again, hope I don't feel too bad after riding out on the state trust land tomarrow. I ride there alot. Anyway, if you're there, I'm sure I'll see yah. Have fun!
Pep. :cool:

patrick delao
12-28-2001, 07:29 AM
400grl let me know when your headed out there me and some friends will meet you out there. ereed@loomisfargo.com