PDA

View Full Version : David Bloom died in Iraq this mornin.

Striker49
04-06-2003, 03:18 PM
I woke up this mornin, I had the tv on all night and was asleep on the couch, and as soon as I woke up guess what I was lookin at on TV? A dedication to David Bloom.

David Bloom, an NBC News correspondent traveling with the U.S. Army’s 3rd Infantry Division outside Baghdad, died Sunday, NBC announced. Bloom, a 39-year-old husband and father of three, died of an apparent pulmonary embolism, the company said. He was the second American journalist to die in Iraq since the war began.

:(

Striker49
04-06-2003, 04:22 PM
:(

I just made this:

In Memory...

http://images.deviantart.com/large/currentevents/iraqwar03/In_Memory_of_David_Bloom.jpg

remlapr
04-06-2003, 04:33 PM
Yeah man, that sucks. He was good...

QuadJunkies
04-06-2003, 07:20 PM
Oh........ That is so sad..:( God bless his family...

Leo
04-06-2003, 11:46 PM
http://msnbc.com/news/896267.asp?0cl=c2

pretty sad.. I always thought his reports were excellent, especially considering the fact he worked for NBC/MSNBC.

Leo

400exdad
04-07-2003, 02:39 AM
I hated to hear that. It goes to show you that you never know when your time is up. It looked like he lived life to its fullest... the way he moved up and went from place to place. God Bless his family for their loss. I already miss his reporting.

SlapNutz
04-07-2003, 03:26 AM
the warr guys fightten, thiz guys' nott a fightter:mad:

04-07-2003, 03:34 AM
thats terrible.those guys shouldnt be over there anyway, do we really need to know every lil thing that happens, a lil update everynight is good

QuadJunkies
04-07-2003, 04:01 AM
Originally posted by freeride132
thats terrible.those guys shouldnt be over there anyway, do we really need to know every lil thing that happens, a lil update everynight is good well actually....... yes, we do I think. and if my son or Daughter was over there fighting I would want to know all I could what was going on.......

remlapr
04-07-2003, 04:11 AM
Originally posted by SlapNutz
the warr guys fightten, thiz guys' nott a fightter:mad:

LOL - SlapNutz gettin all political on us. I agree that his loss is no more tragic that the loss of the 100 plus service men and women that have now died over there....

Striker49
04-07-2003, 04:24 AM
Originally posted by remlapr
LOL - SlapNutz gettin all political on us. I agree that his loss is no more tragic that the loss of the 100 plus service men and women that have now died over there....

Actually, we've only lost 80, 8 missing, 7 POWs, and 155 wounded. That was as of last night according the MSNBC and not including the Brits. Overall we are doing pretty good and are takin Bagdad quickly...rooting out whats left of the pests. ;)

remlapr
04-07-2003, 04:31 AM
Yeah - I was counting all servicemen that have died, not just Americans - I figure since they stepped up and are fighting with us they deserve to be counted with us...

400exdad
04-07-2003, 07:48 AM
Slapnutz, you are absolutely right! I guess, when I see the face of this guy who is reporting the news to me as it happens I forgot about the real casualties of war. I guess I kind of identified with him. I've got two kids and I too am 39 years old. I, for a moment, forgot about the true heroes.

As far as reporting is concerned, I think it has a real positive effect on the public here. It helps everyone see how the soldiers are living, sleeping and fighting. And to some lucky few, they may see they're loved one that is so far away.

sportraxrider10
04-07-2003, 08:07 AM
the only reason why we have reporters over there is because Iraq has USA uniforms and they will video tape it and send it to the world saying we killed the Iraqi's and that we are to blame. but since we have reporters with every move they can't do that, we have everything we did on tape:scary:

CowsBitePeople
04-07-2003, 11:06 AM
:( I saw that this morning too....That sucks.... :(