PDA

View Full Version : Honda Sucks !!!!!!!

Bunkerking217
04-06-2003, 03:03 PM
.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Ok, my best friend's dad owns the local Honda shop. He graduated last year and now works full-time selling quads, dirt-bikes, street bikes, ect. HE doesn't even know when Honda is going to decide to get back in the sport/atv scene. Its making me mad because I want to do stuff to my quad, like shocks (which are going to cost like $500+) and why put all this money into a quad I can't get back out of it when it would be a GOOD downpayment.....

I ride red all the way, which is the only thing stopping me from buying something different.

fasterz
04-06-2003, 03:06 PM
ride yellow!!! it is the same thing honda will come out wit :cough:if they ever do make somethin:cough:

Bunkerking217
04-06-2003, 03:12 PM
yea.... but my dad has a Z and i pull it by like 4-5 bike lengths on top end with my 90 lb brother on it (and if it i was on it and my bro was on mine, he would beat me)....

02Yellow400
04-06-2003, 08:13 PM
Honda just has a 1,000,001 400's to get rid of. Once the dwindle away and when everyone isnt expecting it honda is gonna put out something new. Like everyone else im guessing a crf 450 based quad. And im gonna buy it.

motoboy66
04-06-2003, 08:18 PM
My dealer was the same way. I asked to start a waiting list for the new Honda. The sales person was not sure what to do. So the owner cam out and I talked to him and he knew what I wanted to do. Well I checked in yesterday, and I am still the only one on the list after 1 1/2 years. He said he has heard nothing, but when it happens I will be the first in the area to have one. I hope it doesn't suck. As for spending money on parts, I am hoping most will crossover. This is why I am keeping all my stock parts.

todd

RIDER11X
04-06-2003, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Bunkerking217

Ok, my best friend's dad owns the local Honda shop. He graduated last year and now works full-time selling quads, dirt-bikes, street bikes, ect. HE doesn't even know when Honda is going to decide to get back in the sport/atv scene. Its making me mad because I want to do stuff to my quad, like shocks (which are going to cost like $500+) and why put all this money into a quad I can't get back out of it when it would be a GOOD downpayment.....

I ride red all the way, which is the only thing stopping me from buying something different. :rolleyes: No, Honda just takes longer to release an all new atv because they get the bugs out BEFORE you buy it, unlike Raptors, Z400's, etc..

Be patient, you know it will be worth the wait.:cool:

Leo
04-06-2003, 11:31 PM
HE doesn't even know

Why would he?

goochy
04-07-2003, 12:03 AM
:mad: No, Honda does SUCK!!!!!!!!! , they wait to LONG!!!!!!!! I got the Z and LOVE it!!!!!! The 1999 400ex is outdated, sorry Honda, I wanted to wait, but now it will be a few years before I ride red quads again. They missed the boat on this one.

04-07-2003, 01:18 AM
Here's what Honda's new 2004 quad looks like..it smokes most other quads that are being releases..:o I don't need to wait for honda to come out with something...my old POS honda hands the competition it's arse with no problem...still tryin to figure out why you guys are bellyachin... If and when honda comes out with a new quad..i'm sure it won't be what ya want and you'll still be sittin around waitin for this magic quad that's gonna be faster than a Trinity racing 525 banshee...:rolleyes: For being such an outdated and slow quad..it's still amazing to see 200 400ex quads at a XC race and theres only 300 quads total..

YLW400
04-07-2003, 01:29 AM
You know whats funny? I just pulled a 5th in the first heat and a 3rd in the second heat yesterday on my 400EX....You know what was in front of me in the second heat??? 2 400EX's!!! Not 2 Banshees or KFX's, but 2 400EX's. If you are having that big of a problem with a 400EX, you need to learn to ride the thing. By the way, I have NO motor work done to mine. :D

sharpshooter
04-07-2003, 01:46 AM
hey ylw400 what was that quad that got 2nd in the A race yesterday by a huge lead [the last race]and what motor was in it

lil400exman
04-07-2003, 01:48 AM
i know suspension does make u a faster rider................................not motor mods but better suspension u will fly!:)

400exdad
04-07-2003, 02:35 AM
I remember when Goochy (we ride together) got the Raptor. It was all THAT until it broke more often than it was ridden. :D Notice the "YAMAHA" in the back window. :D

Shhh, don't tell Goochy this, but when Honda comes out with a more awesome quad..... the Suzuki will be HISTORY and he'll be posting some pics of his most awesome quad ever!!!! :devil

Glow Plug
04-07-2003, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by Rico
Here's what Honda's new 2004 quad looks like..it smokes most other quads that are being releases..:o I don't need to wait for honda to come out with something...my old POS honda hands the competition it's arse with no problem...still tryin to figure out why you guys are bellyachin... If and when honda comes out with a new quad..i'm sure it won't be what ya want and you'll still be sittin around waitin for this magic quad that's gonna be faster than a Trinity racing 525 banshee...:rolleyes: For being such an outdated and slow quad..it's still amazing to see 200 400ex quads at a XC race and theres only 300 quads total..

very well put rico :D

YLW400
04-07-2003, 03:07 AM
You mean the orange one Sharpshooter? Oh, yea, that was your basic Honda 400EX

Extremeracer167
04-07-2003, 04:10 AM
I think all of you ppl that are B!tchin and complainin about this are going to be the first ones that get arm pump and getting the keyboard messy just by lookin at pics of the new quad. Like it was said, when it comes out, i will by it, and buy it with confidence! Cause i know it will be a good quad with no major flaws! Unlike the others. Sure i want it to come out, but im not going to keep making stupid threads about it. How bout all of you guys that want a new quad so bad......start your own company and build your own. That way the ppl that are waiting PATIENTLY dont have to listen to you B!tch about it:o

RiPPiNiTuP7
04-07-2003, 04:17 AM

I couldn't agree more. The 400ex is fine...if a piped one can beat the "all mighty z400"...then can it be that bad? No. Enough said, everyone needs to stop their whining.

RIDER11X
04-07-2003, 04:41 AM
It wasn't till I read it on here that I heard the z400"s are faster than a 400ex. I have been riding my 400ex with a 100% stock motor with 3 of them, and I have no problem staying out in front.:D

I'm a 400ex fan, and I am constantly impressed with it. And yes, they are still one of the most competitive machines out there. Just look at race results. It's not hard to see!:rolleyes:

goochy
04-07-2003, 05:59 AM
400exdad, you sure did like the Z last weekend. air cooled is out, the Z is better than my old Craptor, or my old 2000 400ex. If Honda makes a new quad I'll just get a BIG bore kit for my Z. 400exdad, I'll be sure you see the tailight next Sat, HA HA:D :p when the Z floats by ya. ;)

YLW400
04-07-2003, 06:08 AM
The crazy thing is, that half of the people that gripe about them, probably ride them no where near their limits

redroost85
04-07-2003, 06:34 AM
Heh, heh, heh...Rider11x and Rico....right on the money you guys! Man, you other dudes picked the wrong site to b!tch about Hondas, lol! I would put my $$ on the Honda any day over those other beaters! You whiners out there I got a 'lil something for ya.....some fresh REDROOST!:devil

400exdad
04-07-2003, 07:35 AM
Goochy, we could switch quads and you would be showin' me the tail light of my 400! To everyone else on here, yes, he is a better rider than me. He knows it and I know it. :cool:

04-07-2003, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by 400exdad
Goochy, we could switch quads and you would be showin' me the tail light of my 400! To everyone else on here, yes, he is a better rider than me. He knows it and I know it. :cool:

That's Ok 400exdad...I'd rather be a slow rider and look good on a honda than a fast rider on a POS kawisucki-yammahammer...:devil

sportraxrider10
04-07-2003, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by YLW400
The crazy thing is, that half of the people that gripe about them, probably ride them no where near their limits

i think this is also true, i have a 300 and i still can't push it as hard as it can go and i have been riding since i was 7 and i'm 15 now. i know some of you guys are saying well i'm 30 and have been riding since i was 5, but there are people out there that there first quad they get is a 400 or banshee. i personally started out on a 90 only allowed to go to 3rd gear.:rolleyes:

Bunkerking217
04-07-2003, 08:26 AM
i ride mine pretty much as fast at it will go. im sorry my cam has had chunks missing, my clutch basket broke, and my hand still have blisters from a series that i AM winning.

im getting tired of putting money into my quad that im going to get rid of as soon as the new ones come out. i will have one of the first 3 at the shop and i want to do stuff to the new one....not the one i have now.....

no im not complaining and i know it will be worth the wait.....

goochy
04-07-2003, 01:08 PM
:eek: I just LOVE to ride!!!!!!!! and yes Honda does suck for not making a new quad. The ex needs to be updated, thats the truth. 400exdad you know its all good!!!!!! Its all about having fun. and getting off the couch.

Leo
04-07-2003, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by goochy
[BThe ex needs to be updated[/B]

Your right.. It doesn't look that good on paper..

For an outdated POS it does alright on Sunday though :D

Leo

kawasaki_ridah
04-07-2003, 01:20 PM

I ride red all the way, which is the only thing stopping me from buying something different.

thats a good way to get killed on this site lol

04-07-2003, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by goochy
:mad: No, Honda does SUCK!!!!!!!!! , they wait to LONG!!!!!!!! I got the Z and LOVE it!!!!!! The 1999 400ex is outdated, sorry Honda, I wanted to wait, but now it will be a few years before I ride red quads again. They missed the boat on this one.

duh your 400ex is outdated, its a 1999, get a 2003 and it wont be so outdated, it will be brand new again:rolleyes:

OutlawEX
04-07-2003, 01:55 PM
i was tired of waiting on those Chinks thats y i am building my own,and its not a honda,YZF thumper:blah

Glow Plug
04-07-2003, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by nacsracer27
duh your 400ex is outdated, its a 1999, get a 2003 and it wont be so outdated, it will be brand new again:rolleyes:

lol pretty good

btw has anyone ever looked at the spec sheats for a z400 and a 400ex they are pretty much the same :rolleyes: all suzuki had to do was take exciing technogly that they had all ready developed and put a motor in the chassie :rolleyes:

04-07-2003, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Glow Plug
lol pretty good

btw has anyone ever looked at the spec sheats for a z400 and a 400ex they are pretty much the same :rolleyes: all suzuki had to do was take exciing technogly that they had all ready developed and put a motor in the chassie :rolleyes:

yea, how hard is it to take a great chassis, cut in in half, make an exact duplicate of the front end with weaker tubing to sahve weight and take a raptors looks, make the plastic yellow, put their name and engine in it and call it theirs, wow that realy took a lotta hard work, i bet they were thinkin of that for years

jay's 300
04-07-2003, 02:09 PM
Why not enjoy what you have and quit b!tch!ng about what u want! :huh I've rode w/ Raptors, DS's, R's & 400's and have had 0 probs keeping up (on a POS 300 ;) ) Speed doesn't mean alot on the trails! :D

Bunkerking217
04-07-2003, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by kawasaki_ridah
thats a good way to get killed on this site lol

why is that?

Bunkerking217
04-07-2003, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by jay's 300
Why not enjoy what you have and quit b!tch!ng about what u want! :huh I've rode w/ Raptors, DS's, R's & 400's and have had 0 probs keeping up (on a POS 300 ;) ) Speed doesn't mean alot on the trails! :D

speed will matter when you race someone like me or my brother. thats all we do is race trails. ive been on a mx track like maybe 5 times and about 1k plus miles in trails....

nacs400ex
04-07-2003, 03:44 PM
If Honda sucks so much, Why is it that if you take all of the quads racing or trail riding its probably going to equal more than the kawasaki or suzuki, or yamaha. The 250R and the 400ex will dominate over it all. In the dunes its probably going to be a shee, but they only go in a straight line. I will stay with Honda no matter what happens. I am happy with my 400ex. I think you guys are saying Honda sucks, so that way when they come up with a NEW INNOVATING design, the other manufacturers can copy the exact replica and put their name on it. You guys need to grow up and see who's racing what, I believe the CRF450 is dominating in the MX races, and the 250R is still a pretty big choice in MX.

Wake up and smell the race gas, because when Honda comes out with a new quad, your gunna say its the best, then when another manufacturer comes out with another, it will be the best. Make up your mind.

Bunkerking217
04-07-2003, 03:55 PM
dude, im not trying to flame, but READ THE WHOLE POST! i said honda sucks, but i didnt mean literally. they suck bc they dont have a new quad. i still think the 400ex is the best out right now and i know for a fact that the new one will be even better than any of the top 3 put together jsut bc its HONDA. i will ride nothing but honda....

Bean
04-07-2003, 04:06 PM
guess what you whining people that are switching from honda because of "outdated ness", there are 2 quads that are about 16 years old that are tearing the living sh*t out of your presious little "new quads" in MX, TT, and XC, and also everything else, they are called the 250r and Banshee, 250r's and shee's suck untill they blow your doors off and cover you in a fine sheet of roost

BTW, did you know the Z400 and KFX technology has been around since the R days, ever heard of the Mojave, thats what you own right there, an oversized mohave!

04-07-2003, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Bean
guess what you whining people that are switching from honda because of "outdated ness", there are 2 quads that are about 16 years old that are tearing the living sh*t out of your presious little "new quads" in MX, TT, and XC, and also everything else, they are called the 250r and Banshee, 250r's and shee's suck untill they blow your doors off and cover you in a fine sheet of roost

BTW, did you know the Z400 and KFX technology has been around since the R days, ever heard of the Mojave, thats what you own right there, an oversized mohave!

good call about the mojave bean, bit i cidsagree with you on one thing, the banshee doesnt kill in MX, i will go with the 250r czuy they do, but not a banshee, IMO there only good for dunes and play riding but for racing, i was just at the Silver Dome in Pontiac Michigan watching arena cross, and when the quads came out there was a few banshees, they got raped, and guess what dominated the race, a crf450 quad, followed behind 3 400ex's and 2 250rs, then came along the 2 shees and a warrior

Bunkerking217
04-07-2003, 04:42 PM
com on people. im not saying its out of date, im just saying that honda is coming out with something soon and its taking to long bc theey are making me spend my money on something im not gonna have much longer rather than a new bike.

and i cant have a 2-stroke aound my house, my neighbors have a fit with mine how it is....

goochy
04-07-2003, 04:59 PM
I do not own a 1999 400ex, I was just saying "COME on Honda????? 2003 and still no new quad??????? I do not understand, yes the CRF 450 is the quad to own but who has $20,000 ++++++++ laying around to build it???? I ride a CR 250 dirt bike and its the best, but Honda has loss thousands of dollars, because they want to clear out the warehouses of new 400 exs. 1999/2000 exs used with some goodies here sell for $2500-$3000 that is not good. I will ride the Z for now, because I got a new 2003 for $4000. so I could not pass up that deal. I will look at the Honda in a few years, I do love red... Ride Red, but its time for a NEW quad .

hawiianpwr
04-07-2003, 05:08 PM
perfectly said nacs!

04-08-2003, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by hawiianpwr
perfectly said nacs!

;)

hotrodhonda400
04-08-2003, 09:38 AM
Here's what Honda's new 2004 quad looks like..it smokes most other quads that are being releases..:o I don't need to wait for honda to come out with something...my old POS honda hands the competition it's arse with no problem...still tryin to figure out why you guys are bellyachin... If and when honda comes out with a new quad..i'm sure it won't be what ya want and you'll still be sittin around waitin for this magic quad that's gonna be faster than a Trinity racing 525 banshee...:rolleyes: For being such an outdated and slow quad..it's still amazing to see 200 400ex quads at a XC race and theres only 300 quads total.. you couldn't be more right and plus just because you have a faster bike doesn't make you faster, you have to know how to ride it too!:rolleyes: :o

hotrodhonda400
04-08-2003, 09:40 AM
yea, how hard is it to take a great chassis, cut in in half, make an exact duplicate of the front end with weaker tubing to sahve weight and take a raptors looks, make the plastic yellow, put their name and engine in it and call it theirs, wow that realy took a lotta hard work, i bet they were thinkin of that for years and as for you you took the words right outa my mouth:D

04-08-2003, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by hotrodhonda400
and as for you you took the words right outa my mouth:D

;)

nismo
04-08-2003, 09:47 AM
i hope honda does come out with something new b/c i am waiting for the 400 price to go down a little or for used ones to be cheaper

nacs400ex
04-08-2003, 09:49 AM
Sorry BunkerKing but now your saying the totally opposite, I will love Honda forever. You seriously do need to make up your mind the new "Z" that only really Dirtwheels raved about. Yes, the Z400 is a alright quad, but TEAM SUZUKI:o (gasp) didnt even use their brains on this. They took the heart and soul of Hondas motor, suspension, and chassis. Then they decided they liked the look of yellow Raptor plastic, so they threw that on there. They were so busy copying everything they didnt bother even putting a good axle on it. The only 2 things they did themselves was put a reverse on it, which is very hard to turn the little nob(but easier than a 300ex's reverse), and put liquid cooling on it.
I am suprised they didnt leave Honda's name on the motor.

I really do hate hypocrites that say Honda Sucks, but they own one :rolleyes:

Do your neighbors own your quad, probably not. So whats stopping you from getting a 2 stroke, cant handle a Honda 2 stroke powerband BunkerKing?

04-08-2003, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by nacs400ex
Sorry BunkerKing but now your saying the totally opposite, I will love Honda forever. You seriously do need to make up your mind the new "Z" that only really Dirtwheels raved about. Yes, the Z400 is a alright quad, but TEAM SUZUKI:o (gasp) didnt even use their brains on this. They took the heart and soul of Hondas motor, suspension, and chassis. Then they decided they liked the look of yellow Raptor plastic, so they threw that on there. They were so busy copying everything they didnt bother even putting a good axle on it. The only 2 things they did themselves was put a reverse on it, which is very hard to turn the little nob(but easier than a 300ex's reverse), and put liquid cooling on it.

Do your neighbors own your quad, probably not. So whats stopping you from getting a 2 stroke, cant handle a Honda 2 stroke powerband BunkerKing?

actualy they didnt use hondas motor, they used theredrz400 dirtbike motor and changed a few things

Crazie
04-08-2003, 11:42 AM
which has proven itself as a very reliable motor in their dirtbikes.

They didn't change anything in the motor they used with the exception of angling it 10 degrees forward for a lower CG.

They used the DRZ 400S model...which is the mildest of the three engines they have. The DRZ 400E and 400 Kick are the engines that they should've used (they put out more ponies than the S model)....they also have better carbs on the E and kick model.

But I'm not defending So-suki...I have a Z and I hate So-suki for screwing me on the warranty. I'll never own another product of theirs thanks to the warranty people at

Bunkerking217
04-08-2003, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by nacs400ex

ok, for one, you dont even know me and i never once said i liked the z :mad: my DAD has a z and i smoke it. i rode it and hated it compared to my ex.

i said honda sucks to get attention to the posts and see what other people have to say about the new bike. i didnt mean theey suck "literally" if i was gonna say something sucks it would be yamaha or suzuki or cannondale, ect. everyone talks crap. its kinda hard to get a 2-stroke when your neighbors your grandpaw. sorry i cant handle a 2-stroke considering i use to have one, much less your quad......

and again....

READ THE WHOLE POST !!!!

04-08-2003, 12:30 PM
ok, for one, you dont even know me and i never once said i liked the z :mad: my DAD has a z and i smoke it. i rode it and hated it compared to my ex.

i said honda sucks to get attention to the posts and see what other people have to say about the new bike. i didnt mean theey suck "literally" if i was gonna say something sucks it would be yamaha or suzuki or cannondale, ect. everyone talks crap. its kinda hard to get a 2-stroke when your neighbors your grandpaw. sorry i cant handle a 2-stroke considering i use to have one, much less your quad......

and again....

READ THE WHOLE POST !!!!

if you want peoples attention just make the name of the thread honda's new sport quad, i guarantee you that wil get just as much as attention to posts as thi"honda sucks" title did:rolleyes:

Bunkerking217
04-08-2003, 12:36 PM
lol true....but it sucks that no one knows anything except the fact they are up to something :macho

Glow Plug
04-08-2003, 12:39 PM
yea, how hard is it to take a great chassis, cut in in half, make an exact duplicate of the front end with weaker tubing to sahve weight and take a raptors looks, make the plastic yellow, put their name and engine in it and call it theirs, wow that realy took a lotta hard work, i bet they were thinkin of that for years

hell they didn't hardly have to design there own motor is it pretty much a copie (or trying to be) of a yz400f :rolleyes:

Team Outlaw #34
04-08-2003, 12:40 PM

Exactly rico....

Even if they do come out with a new quad i bet it will be some big bore 700 cc piece of **** that looks like a utility quad (kawasaki) that weighs 500 pounds....

04-08-2003, 01:26 PM
lol true....but it sucks that no one knows anything except the fact they are up to something :macho

people know stuff, its just that im sure they are keeping it a suprise if they are thinking of a new quad, if i worked for honda i wolda tell no one, i would wait till it went on show room and i ahd one sitten in my garage

Rip_Tear
04-08-2003, 01:41 PM
Just stating my opinion:

Honda is the leader, Yamaha followed with the Raptor, with 260cc more, DOHC, liquid cooling, and reverse. Then the Z came out, its just a refinded 400ex, with DOHC, 1cc more displacement, and liquid cooling... And everyone thinks the 400ex is out dated, and behind the times... Well it is, but it is still better for what it has then any quad made in the SHADOW of it! Honda doesn't need to make a new quad if the 400ex is still whoopin butt!

And about the Backing of Honda, if your good enough you shouldnt need their help! If you need more displacement because you have skill to make up for, well that your problem. Honda doesn't need to back anybody, people like Rico still ride Red and Honda doesnt back him.

markeg192
04-09-2003, 04:33 PM
If you guys can't get it done on a 400 it's your riding not your bike. Many guys are smoking Zs, Raptors and Kfxs on the EX, Why can't you?

Bretmd94
04-09-2003, 04:58 PM
Im gettign rid of my Raptor for my new 400ex. I love it. Yeah it sucks at the dunes when everyone drags. But thats it. I kill on the bumps, jumps, and any racing we do that has corners. It handles so well its unbelievable after riding that craptor forever.

I do want more power though. And with out sacraficing reliability. I very much so anticipate a 450, or 650. I know they can make a big 4 stroke that is light and handle like a 400ex. I hope they do not let me down.

RiPPiNiTuP7
04-09-2003, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by markeg192
If you guys can't get it done on a 400 it's your riding not your bike. Many guys are smoking Zs, Raptors and Kfxs on the EX, Why can't you?

Exactly.

Bunkerking217
04-10-2003, 02:44 PM
people, come on. if you read the post, it specifically says i CAN beat z's, raptors, ect.

I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHEN HONDA IS COMING OUT WITH THE NEW BIKE THAT IS GOING TO SMOKE A 400EX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!