PDA

View Full Version : How should i break in??

yello300ex
04-06-2003, 02:46 PM
I finally sold my 300ex today for 3500 and tom im goin get a brand new 400ex. How should i break it in??? And how long before i can put on a pipe??

04-06-2003, 02:48 PM
ride at 20- 30 minute intervels allow it to cool down completely in betweeen, first time no more than 1/4 , 2nd no more than half, after that vary it but dont hold it wide open, the pipe may void the warranty , ull have to check with the dealer

dirtslinger
04-06-2003, 03:27 PM
I never worried about breakin period on my Z. I'm sure most of u have seen that "Break in period" website. I broke my blaster in nice and easy and I kept foulin plugs. So I prolly wouldn't worry about it.

Narly R
04-06-2003, 03:31 PM
Me defenition for breakin things in is not crashing them!:devil But besides that I couldnt tell ya bud!:rolleyes:

AndrewRRR
04-06-2003, 04:22 PM
I wonder how much quads get rode at the dealership before they go to the final customer. The first few times a quad is started are pretty cruical. You never see cars with 0 miles on the odometer at dealerships.
Seating the rings properly is the main thing. I've heard both sides of the story, break it in easy, or ride the piss out of it. I haven't tried both on the same machine. I broke in my R easy, but with our race car (big block chev) we really drive the nuts off it. Our race engine builder says to break it in like you are gonna drive it (he has been the crew cheif on several big name top fuel dragster teams). Of course that is a drag car, might differ for other purposes.

nojoke4stroke
04-06-2003, 07:03 PM
when i picked up my ex some little punk was rippin around the parking lot at the shop on it.i got near my house pulled it off the truck started it and ran 1 through 5 wide open all the way to my house.2 years later im still running WOT everywhere i go and its run flawless.ask the dealer how much its been run,if its been a few times youre fine.i would change the oil after the first day and again after you put a few hours on it though so invest in some oil and filters.on a completely fresh motor ive always went 1 tank of gas under 1/4 throttle 2nd under half and third under 3/4. this might be a little too anal but ive never blown an engine.this was always on 2 strokes though so maybe go 1 tank under 1/4 and 2nd under 3/4 on the ex.