PDA

View Full Version : anyone know where to ride in maine?

12-19-2001, 06:31 AM
anyone know af any tracks, big pits, or anything like that?

12-19-2001, 09:01 PM
there is a pit in sanford off of rt 4, new dam rd i believe

12-20-2001, 03:19 PM
thanks but is it one of those little ones that are everywhere or a BIG STEEP one?

yellow_ho_01
12-20-2001, 08:06 PM
are you familiar with the "north new portland" area (nothing to do with Portland) find N. New portland on a map, you'll go into lexington, and at the begining of Highland Plantation is a store, the " Highland Lodge", take a right there onto a dirt road, go about 1.5 miles, unload where the houses stop and the trail gets narrower, (make sure you have a friend or 2) and ride straight up the dirt road for a couple miles. you'll be riding along side a river almost all the way, with some stops for swimming and fishing. after you get to the bridge( the only real bridge, for snowmobiles up there) you;ll go about another 1-2 miles, come to a "T" in a bigger gravel road. the left is a dead end i think, but you can play all day long if you go to the right, roads everywhere, with some pretty good pits, you just have to find them. Some of this might have changed since i rode there last( before i joined the marine corps and moved to VA) i will be going back to maine in 1 year 10 months, and i cant wait!, i live right off the trails to get to this place i told you about, if nothing else, go when you can spend a day riding and fishing, Great Brook Trout.!

12-24-2001, 12:01 PM
the pit in sanford is near the airport and it is a big pit with a lot of trails.you could spend a day there easy and not go on the same trail

bigbadbrad
04-10-2002, 07:22 PM
come on to the arostook conty( the other maine(the one were people think it is just wilderness) and i'll show u some pits some fire roads some awsome woods riding and some awsome trails. o yeah can't froget the moto-x track at lakeview resterant. pm if u wanna go riding