PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in Colorado?

colorado4wheels
04-06-2003, 12:20 PM
Hey all. Just joining the forum and wanted to know if anyone here is in Colorado. I just got an '01 TRX400EX and want to find a/some riding buddie(s).

T

jrb737
04-10-2003, 04:07 PM
Where at in Co are ya? I'm in Ft. Collins

colorado4wheels
04-10-2003, 04:35 PM
I'm in Aurora. Where/what do you ride?

Tom

jrb737
04-11-2003, 11:15 AM
I usually ride in the Roosevelt National Forrest which is just west of Ft. Collins. THere are a lot of trails around, but they are usually closed at least untill Memorial day and then it depends on how wet and muddy things are in the mountains. I've about ridden the trails closest to my house to death, so I am always looking for new trails to ride. Red Feathers Lakes has some good trails as well. When I say trails, they are forrest jeep roads. Thats why they are closed for the winter.

I have 99 400ex. I just need to do some minor repairs before I start riding again. I need 2 front tires and need to put on a lower a-arm that I just got off of e-bay.

Jeff

colorado4wheels
04-18-2003, 03:20 AM
I hear ya about riding your local trail to death. I have a similar place here in Aurora near Buckley Air Force Base. I've been riding there for over a year now and am itchin' to get out.

It'd be cool to meet up for a ride sometime. I have a pickup so, I could just throw my quad (yeah, right) in the back and meet you somewhere. Ever been to Rampart Range (west of Castle Rock)?

Tom

sandrooster
05-03-2003, 01:44 PM
Hey Jrb,
Have you ever ridin the track at the north end of Horsetooth res? The last time I was there in the mid 90s, built for MX but was awesome for atvs.

CO4wheels,
Your ride area. Is it the spot at the armpit area next to the base? Good place to get some riding in close to town. Hope its still open.

I'm in the process of rebuilding an R. Should be ready for some summer "trail":D riding.

CBW
05-03-2003, 03:06 PM
Im in colorado.........but on the other side of the state......LOL:p

jrb737
05-05-2003, 02:13 PM
I didn't know there was a track near Horsetooth. I'll have to check it out. That would be cool.

Hey Tom,
I have not been to Rampart, but a friend told me it was good for dirtbikes, but pretty narrow for atv's, especially on the weekend when it's crowded. I want to make it to Walden this summer. That place is supposed to be a blast.

Jeff

WyoDuner
05-06-2003, 08:54 AM
I mostly ride the sand dunes near Walden, CO. Ever been there?