PDA

View Full Version : can someone reccomend a tire for me?

Adam F
12-18-2001, 10:28 PM
I do mostly trail riding. Lots of times the trails are muddy. Lots of ditches, berms, rocks, ruts, ect. My main 2 concerns are good self cleaning action and LARGE sidewall lugs. 2 of my buddys have Maxxis Sur Trac tires but I was wondering if there was any others with larger side lugs. This will go on my '02 300ex, bone stock. Thanks!

Poncho
12-19-2001, 05:20 AM
I have a friend with mudsharks on his 250x.I would get razrs.:D

12-19-2001, 05:26 AM
mud sharks or super swamper tsl's

Adam F
12-26-2001, 08:45 AM
Anyone else? How about Maxxis sur tracs? And how much bottom end would I loose if I went up from my 22's to a 23 or 24" tire? I dont do any racing, but I would like to still be able to power up hills and rocks.

schism_rhs
12-26-2001, 08:57 AM
Check out Pure Sport Realators ! I like those tires, they're expensive and from what I hear heavey. but great for traction in anything...self cleaning tread looks very reliable, and they are reversible for different conditions.

I'd like to get mud tires put on my 250X, mudsharks look pretty nice but are they still good on trails and in dirt and all the other stuff aside from mud ? I don't wanna get a mud tire and have it get all worn out before I really get to use it well in the mud !