PDA

View Full Version : Which Dunes?

thorspapa
12-18-2001, 09:45 PM
Gonna take a road trip this summer, hit some "real" dunes (I like Silver lake, but it's SMALL). I was looking at Little Sahara OK or Little Sahara Utah, one is about 15 hours, the other about 24 hours drive.
Here's the catch: the wife doesn't do the camping thing, only motels with a pool need apply, so we need a riding place that has a town somewhere near (30 mins or so). My oldest son and I will ride, while the wife and younger boy will hopefully have a place to hike, rocks to climb, or lake to wade in.
Any info or suggestions will be very welcome.
Oh yeah, I'm in central Ohio :)

Chef
12-18-2001, 10:03 PM
i guess the rock climbing and hiking rule oregon out, and besides that, its not real big. you could go to saint anthony in idaho, though, that place has some great riding ive heard. i dont know about anything else though

dune250r
12-20-2001, 12:53 AM
If you ever plan to hit the Oregon, Idaho or Washington dunes take a look at my site. It rates the Northwest dunes and gives you camping information and driving directions. http://sandboxtoys.tripod.com

thorspapa
12-20-2001, 11:06 PM
Thanks HOTT440EX for taking time to answer, and dune250r, I've been to your site and liked it very much, way back when I first saw it about a month ago, but I'd have trouble convincing the crew to drive that far; the west coast does have the most dune riding available, and probably the best.
I have had a couple of situations where we have driven many hours to ride, then one of the bikes decides it's time to assume room temperature, leaving one of us on foot, rebuilding the motor while everyone else rides. That always makes me think twice about real long trips:D