PDA

View Full Version : Mini Quad XC pics!!!!!

OCCRA288
04-06-2003, 07:50 AM
here's a few mini quad racing pics.

OCCRA288
04-06-2003, 07:51 AM

OCCRA288
04-06-2003, 07:52 AM
and they're off!

OCCRA288
04-06-2003, 07:52 AM

OCCRA288
04-06-2003, 07:53 AM

OCCRA288
04-06-2003, 07:55 AM

OCCRA288
04-06-2003, 07:56 AM

OCCRA288
04-06-2003, 07:58 AM
first place!
That's me with the flag
That's a girl on the LT!

OCCRA288
04-06-2003, 08:02 AM
Second place!!! and that's a girl on a TRX 70!!!

OCCRA288
04-06-2003, 08:07 AM
Third and Fourth place. The fourth place quad's rider is also a girl.

She went for a last second pass but couldn't get around. it was also her first race.

rbm300ex
04-06-2003, 01:40 PM
Thats great that you let the kids race the harescrambles too!!

Around here they only let the kids on two wheels race the harescambles, nothing for kids w/quads other than motocross.

Hopefully they'll start a class for the quad kids eventually!

Keep it up!!!!!! Great to see the pics.:)

Ryan
04-06-2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by rbm300ex
Thats great that you let the kids race the harescrambles too!!

Around here they only let the kids on two wheels race the harescambles, nothing for kids w/quads other than motocross.

Hopefully they'll start a class for the quad kids eventually!

Keep it up!!!!!! Great to see the pics.:)

Yeah they should start a class but there must be enough kids to race. It still might need to grow more before they do this.

SANDTRAX361
04-06-2003, 05:04 PM
eric you gonna be at anadarko this weekend? ill be there saturday afternoon. wheres allt eh pics from erick of the big quads. hey guys all we did to get the minis class was start it and they came. the words of "if you build it they will come" worked. they came, a bunch of them and they all had huge grins on there faces when they were done. i saw some of them still riding in teh pits after there race. it was really cool.
later
Grant Snider
occra#361

QuadJunkies
04-07-2003, 04:14 AM
Right on!!! love seeing the kids out there, and especailly the girls!! I would love to see more events out here with the kids...:)

dirtmomma
04-07-2003, 04:42 AM
RIGHT ON GIRLS ROCK!!!!!! That looks like something my son would like to do on his 90 for the fun of it, wish we had some around here. Good pics!!!:D :D

Johnny & Monica
04-07-2003, 05:10 AM
Any one around mo. We have a kids harescramble .rigth affter the big quads.In westphalia,mo.this weekend.My kids are stoked.

QuadJunkies
04-07-2003, 06:12 AM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
RIGHT ON GIRLS ROCK!!!!!! That looks like something my son would like to do on his 90 for the fun of it, wish we had some around here. Good pics!!!:D :D I hear there is a big race coming up ther ein Wash. soon... I cant remeber where,but I guess its known for having one of the nicest tracks, are you gonna race in it?I guess some of the pros will be there...

dirtmomma
04-07-2003, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
I hear there is a big race coming up ther ein Wash. soon... I cant remeber where,but I guess its known for having one of the nicest tracks, are you gonna race in it?I guess some of the pros will be there...

HEY QJ are you talking about Washougal?? If so NO we're not racing there but I DO want to go see it. Well I should say I don't think we're racing there LOL ya just never know!!! Are you guys making the trek??

AtvMxRider
04-07-2003, 11:11 AM
RIGHT ON GIRLS ROCK!!!!!!

Yeaaaaaaaah Baby. Oh sorry:o ...........;)

Rip_Tear
04-07-2003, 12:28 PM
Cool

1. Are those LT tires supposed to be on that great of a tilt in at the tops?

2. Can I race too, all I have is a little 400ex :devil

QuadJunkies
04-07-2003, 07:08 PM
HEY QJ are you talking about Washougal?? If so NO we're not racing there but I DO want to go see it. Well I should say I don't think we're racing there LOL ya just never know!!! Are you guys making the trek?? yup,thats the one.... Im notgoing Im not due for any vacation until theend of May, and Im saving that for my duning trip in July..If you go, please post some pics I would really love to see it!!:cool:

mxdave28
04-08-2003, 04:36 AM
Little kids are great to watch either 2 wheels or 4....here are some of my pics from the XC part of Atv Olympics in Jan.03.... This little guy and i do mean little i think he came up to about my mid thigh, tuff cookie though and i think this was his first race.
Dave Nevrotski (geesh i hope i spelled that right)

mxdave28
04-08-2003, 04:39 AM
now this kid is crazy! look out folks cause when he reaches 250R stage he is gunna be down right unstopable!... this is Joel Hetrick whiping it around for another lap.:eek2:

mxdave28
04-08-2003, 04:41 AM
Another shot of Joel heading into the woods

mxdave28
04-08-2003, 04:45 AM
JR Hinds had a ruff start, little confusion as to where the track went so they did a restart....and as they went into the woods JR had a nice lead...when they came back out JR was nowhere to be found, Papa Hetrick stopped Joel and asked him what happend to JR and all he said was he wadded it up but, is ok and should be coming. as JR reappered he was deff. looking sore and was just chillen with the speed. again another tuff kid and fast! another to watch when he gets older.

QuadJunkies
04-08-2003, 05:26 AM
Ive seen some races on those Hertick boys and they are good riders indeed!!:D I love there set ups, Rich is who helps give us info and trouble shooting on my Daughters mini . He def. knows his stuff, and a really nice guy to boot.;)

dirtmomma
04-08-2003, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
yup,thats the one.... Im notgoing Im not due for any vacation until theend of May, and Im saving that for my duning trip in July..If you go, please post some pics I would really love to see it!!:cool: NO PROBLEM QJ!!!!:D

rbm300ex
04-08-2003, 08:10 AM
Quadjunkies,
how do you like the Kasea? Holding up well? What about the E-ton (same ?'s). Nice mod's too.
I have two boys, 7 & 9 and I keep going back & forth between buying a Honda 90 or going with one of the other China/Tiawan names.
I race the harescrambles occassionaly but the only thing for the kids with quads around here is motocross as I mentioned earlier. I'd like something that could be built abit as they get better, but my 9yr. old almost fits my stock 300 in size but can't handle the power but it won't be that long.
Just wanted some feedback & insight........
Thanks

QuadJunkies
04-08-2003, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by rbm300ex
Quadjunkies,
how do you like the Kasea? Holding up well? What about the E-ton (same ?'s). Nice mod's too.
I have two boys, 7 & 9 and I keep going back & forth between buying a Honda 90 or going with one of the other China/Tiawan names.
I race the harescrambles occassionaly but the only thing for the kids with quads around here is motocross as I mentioned earlier. I'd like something that could be built abit as they get better, but my 9yr. old almost fits my stock 300 in size but can't handle the power but it won't be that long.
Just wanted some feedback & insight........
Thanks well, we all know you cant go wrong with HOnda. except, I have a problem paying that hefty price for one. I Ihave had the Kasea now for 2 years and have only had one thing go wrong and it was due to Dealer making probelm worse.:grr My suggestion would be to all and talk to Rich over at Hetricks racing... He can tell you all the ins and outs of the Kasea...Same goes for our Eton Viper, never had one problem with it and theres PLENTY of aftermarket out ther for both(especially the Kasea) and for a mere few hundred dollars more, you could throw a pipe on it and it would last your kids a little longer, a pipe makes a BIG dif on our mini;) You can also check our dirtrides.com Greg peak at peakpower sports,he is a really great guy with lots of knowledge(we bought out trinity pipe from him)My Daughter fits on my 300rx when I had it too, and I debated on just keeping it, but I tink now I can get a 2 more years out of it with her,then pass it down to my Son, heck by the time they are both done with it, it will be all pimped out!!:eek:

I-7
04-08-2003, 03:25 PM
I am very familiar with motocross but what exactly is a hare scramble?

mxdave28
04-08-2003, 03:31 PM
well sometimes there is some confusion..
Mx> motocross
Xc> ultra cross.. cross country and motocross mixed
TT> turist trophy
GNC> grand national championship
GNCC> grand national cross country
i think that covers it..anyone?

cjpoole1
04-08-2003, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Mojave11
I am very familiar with motocross but what exactly is a hare scramble?
Hare scramble is cross country or woods racing. Its sort of an amateur version of GNCC.

Bill Fuller
04-11-2003, 04:57 PM
GNCC and a harescrambles are the same thing,woods racing mainly just like the trails you probably already ride just faster and for atleast 1 1/2 hrs. long.Laps can be up to 10 or 12 miles long and you could expect to do 2 sometimes 4 laps rain or shine.Nothing ameuture about the series I race,seen Ballance and other pro's at our events,best series around these parts.Mid South Winter Series 25+ years and counting.

Bill Fuller
04-11-2003, 05:12 PM
Hey,cjpoole1 you race any mid south races?Last race of the winter series is this weekend in Kentucky.

cjpoole1
04-12-2003, 05:41 AM
not currently. but I hope to start next year or maybe part of the way into the summer camp series.