PDA

View Full Version : Q's about an R i am looking at

R-Crazy
04-06-2003, 05:18 AM
Hey, finally found a bike w/ a title, but there are a few Q's i have about it

1. it has been bored to 265, what kind of head gasket should i run, stock, or does it have to be special because of the larger bore?

2. The rear brake seem to go down really far, but it is low on fluid, but the resivor (sp?) is a little warpd (edges are spreading out) should it be replaced?

3. The radiator overflow doesnt have a lot of fluid in it, is that okay or should i add some?

4. The swing arm has a small gouge, maybe 1/8 inch deep from the chain breaking and it gouging the swingarm (right behind the front sproket), is there anything to worry about. I dont think so, but my dad is a little sketchy about it.

5. The bushing for the steering block that holds the stem doesnt seem to be lined up perfectly and it is wearing the bushing down. What is up w/ that?

6. The compression is really high, and i dont wanna put race gas in it (265 w/ split stock 250 gasket). If i put a stock honda gasket in it without spliting it, would i still have to run race gas, or could i run premium w/ octane booster?

7. It has works shocks on it. I have to get them rebuilt cuz they are too heavy for me (set for 190, i am only 130 :]eek ) , but the springs have a decent amount of rust on them. Are they still good to use if i just sandblast them and PC them?

8. This summer i wanna do a COMPLETE rebuild, with all new SS bolts and all the stuff. The motor is fine, but some of the olts are rusting. Where can i get a COMPLETE bolt kit for the chassis and motor?

If there is any more Q's, i will add to this post. Sry for the length. thanx

dave

250rmike
04-06-2003, 01:29 PM
how much are you paying for it? mine is for sale for 3600.00 with aftermarket front shocks has been rebuilt stock bore w/weisco piston and alot more like a-arms palstic seat cover nerfs carb etc.