PDA

View Full Version : 300ex wont start!

MX_Racer_20
04-05-2003, 02:20 PM
my brother bought a 96 300ex couple weeks ago. Well the start button broke on it yesterday so we hooked up a different start button and everything worked great. Then we hooked up a kill cord on it today, pulled the cord off to see if it would kill it which it did hooked the cord back pushed the button to start it and nothing. It will start if we pull start it or jump the cylinode but the start button won't do anything. We even unhooked the wires that go to the start button and touched them together and still nothing. Kill cord is hooked up correctly and works fine. Has new battery so does anyone have any idea what happened? Thanks for any info!

ridered86
04-05-2003, 02:25 PM
i dont know how the kill cord could be hooked up correctly if it is prohibiting you from starting your bike.

what i would have done was disconnect the killswitch and see if that was the main problem. some wire is disconnected or shorting out somewhere. disconnect the kill switch and see if it works.

MX_Racer_20
04-05-2003, 02:56 PM
Sorry i forgot to post that. We disconnected the kill switch and hooked everything back up like it was when it would start and it didn't work either.

300exazzkikr
04-05-2003, 03:30 PM
I think you blew the fuse that is on the left side if sitting by the rectifier and battery. This is just a wild thought but check it anyway. let us know what happens.

tecate87
04-05-2003, 04:41 PM
try the fuse first, other wise check the reverse inhibiter change it if you have one to try.

MX_Racer_20
04-06-2003, 07:32 AM
changed the fuse and it still won't do anything. What and where is the reverse inhibiter?

04-06-2003, 09:36 AM
okay this happened to me too but it would just die if i turned the handle bars. find the key switch and find where it plugs in. Make sure that is in. That was my problem.

tecate87
04-11-2003, 02:34 AM
Its located under the left side of the quad, 2 plugs and 1 other (green)? wire, no sure color.
I had this happen before changed that quad fired right up.
:)

MX_Racer_20
04-12-2003, 08:13 AM
just went through every wire on the bike everything was plugged up and none were brocken. I even disconnect every plug in and cleaned them out and still nothing. It will start if you jump across the cylonode. Its good because we put a different one on it. Some times when you jump the cylonode and get it started then push the start button it will make a noise like its trying to kick in the starter but it doesn't do this very often. Is there any way to test the reverse inhibiter?

tecate87
04-12-2003, 04:38 PM
change it pretty much only way I know.
almost sure thats it too.
$20 if you want one, or try a friends.

MX_Racer_20
04-13-2003, 01:59 PM
got it fixed! Thanks for all the help! It was the fuse but it wasn't blown it just wasn't getting a good connection or something. We pulled it out and it was dirty so we put a clean one in and it works fine. All that work for just a fuse :mad: . Thanks again