PDA

View Full Version : today relly sucked!(i relly mean it)

cool 300ex
04-05-2003, 12:56 PM
Ya today every thing was good.I went to meet my friend and went on a muddy old log8ing trail that was a mess.THen went to his house to wait for his friend on his 300ex to come.So he came i was on my dads foreman.He got his 300ex out.THen we were going to my house to get my z and we seen my friend ryan who just got his new rancher es like a week ago.Went got my z went to one of are favorite riding places.we stoped at a guys that we know and talked to him for a while he said about how we are not aloud to ride up there.So we went to the sand plant and the guy told us we were noyt aloud to ride there.He owns like 150 acres and he has a quad.So that takes like the whole hill side behind my house out to ride.NOw i have to go down my road.On a back road and up the tracks to get to a trail then get to the rock dumps.Thats pretty much the only place to ride now.Which is like 6 miles from my house to get over there.ON sport quad it takes like 10mins to get there if you are flying.But if you just take your ytime it will take like 15mins.NOw on 4x4 it takes like 25mins to get there.So it pretty much sucks to ride now.ON place is the rock dumps.SO i think we are going to sell some of are quads and maybe buy two snowmobiles to ride on state game land.O ya and my dad was all mad about me haveing a pipe today.And my friends king quad has a broke cv rubber thing!TODAY WAS LIKE THE BADEST DAY I HAVE EVER HAD!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :grr :( :( :( :(

nojoke4stroke
04-05-2003, 01:31 PM
hey man im from pa too and i know what its like to have all that open land to ride on and then you're discovered or the owners sell to someone who's never even seen a quad and all of a sudden your trails are cut by 60%.one thing i suggest is finding out who owns the land to begin with and in your most professional manner approach the landowner and simply ask permission,we've done this alot and i cant even tell you how much it helps.landowners are like everyone else they just want to be respected and just because you dont see them doesnt mean they dont exist.this strategy has worked almost 100% of the time and usually ends with a laugh and a handshake,ive found most of the reason people dont want you on their land is for safety,theirs and yours also hunting is another huge reason.for the safety issue we usually leave it at the riders are still tresspassers and if anything happens to you while on their property you are on your own,and i mean you cant sue them nor will they press tresspassing charges.if its hunting that is their concern i just find out what they hunt so i know when to stay away.the final most common concern is of course their land getting ripped to shreds for just remember to tread lightly.the snowmobilers around here have made remarkable strides with landowners,they set up an association complete with president vice pres treasurer and so on.all through the year (on top of membership dues) they hold fund raisers and with the money they give some back to the landowners and have set up a grant for 1 male and 1 female graduating from each of 3 local high schools accepted and attending a 2 or 4 year school.the money isnt even a tremendous amount (like 250 per person, so 1500 total) but it helps with books and stuff like that,but more importantly lets the public see a face and talk to a person underneath the helmet.i know what your thinking its some huge organization but its not maybe 60 to 100 members but some come from as far away as colorado to ride. from seeing their success im currently trying to get a similar thing going for atv'ers.well hope some of this has helped good luck with those landowners.

honda400exrider
04-05-2003, 02:02 PM
that sucks that u had a sucky day

im sorry to hear that...

toby400ex
04-05-2003, 02:37 PM
i aint got no where to ride unless i drive about an hour, i cant even go up my street cuz my neighbors need something jammed in their ace. I used to be able to ride for miles until conservation decided that i was "contaminating missouri streams with my motor vehicle". They should eat my chit and die:D Bulldozer's ravaged that creek before i ever crossed it. Not too mention clearing out all the woods, and they call me a threat to nature.:huh :mad:

04-05-2003, 02:41 PM
:huh well that sucks?

lil400exman
04-05-2003, 02:53 PM
i am in the same boat with toby dont complain about that man i gotta trailer my quad some place so dont complain about 20 mintues of riding thats almost nice man............................just stop the bs about having to ride jsut a few flippin minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :huh

Fender Bender
04-05-2003, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by lil400exman
i am in the same boat with toby dont complain about that man i gotta trailer my quad some place so dont complain about 20 mintues of riding thats almost nice man............................just stop the bs about having to ride jsut a few flippin minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :huh

Yea, be glad you even have a quad;) Some people arent fortunate enough to have one.

nojoke4stroke
04-05-2003, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by lil400exman

i dont even think you got toby's point,as far as the poster of this goes maybe he's not old enough to drive or doesnt have a trailer or a truck and is watching his ability to ride at all slowly going down the drain.you should sport a more supportive attitude man and ease up on cool,he just had a bad day.be glad you can haul yourself and not have to rely on when someone is able to.

toby400ex
04-05-2003, 04:52 PM
i wish i could ride for 20 minutes to a legal area to ride. That first time you get kicked off your trails does sucks. It happened to me like 4 different times at 4 different places on my trails, now im down to nothing unless i truck it.:grr

toby400ex
04-05-2003, 04:54 PM
oh yeah, i cant drive, durrr

04-05-2003, 06:48 PM
yo serio homie i didn't read it.......... cuz str8 up that was just way to long and i have to fight after 4 lines so i didn;t even start cuz by 6 lines i would have had a migrane..........................but im sure u had a sucky day that sucked and that sux

Stevie-D
04-06-2003, 05:50 AM
man, ive never reallly appriciated how nice it is to have fields, woods and a small shale quarry to ride in. that sucks that all of you guys have to trailor your quads or ride the roads to get there. that sucks:eek:

Tommy 17
04-06-2003, 07:03 AM
where do u live in pa??? i live in cambria/indiana/ clear field county area... i can walk to each county haha...

if u need places to ride... i can probably tell u a few places to go...

cool 300ex
04-06-2003, 10:35 AM
Guys update about all this crap!See he does not want any one to ride or hunt up there.He wants it all for his self!What makes me mad is he said are one friend pat can go throught there.O ya and none of us are loud he his the only one out of 15 people who is aloud up there.O ya i found this out the guy is from maryland.He wil only be up there on sundays and saturdays.So everyone is just going to ride up there during the week and on weekends everyone is going to stay away from.There my dad just went up there a while ago to talk to this guy and he was not there.Now to get to places me and my friends have to ride roads and stuff.

nojoke4stroke
04-06-2003, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Stevie-D
man, ive never reallly appriciated how nice it is to have fields, woods and a small shale quarry to ride in. that sucks that all of you guys have to trailor your quads or ride the roads to get there. that sucks:eek:
yea till coming on i here i took it all for granted too.ive got all i need right out my back door and within 5 or 10 miles of my house,3 mx tracks,sand pits,stone quarries and about 20 or 30 miles of trails.all i have to do to get there is fill up the gas tank,turn on the key and hit the start button.i ride everyday,about 3hours on weekdays after work and all day on the weekends,it really sucks that most of the people on here have to transport just to ride for a day or weekend here and there.i know what you mean cool300,ive got a few spots like that too,just stay away when theyre up and watch out for barbed wire incase the guy knows youre up there.my one friend got some gnarly gashes on the inside of his legs and almost lost his :eek: if you know what i mean.i still have nightmares about that day.any of you pa guys near scranton pm me and we'll plan a ride or 10 for this season.

Stevie-D
04-07-2003, 02:01 AM
i live in South Canaan, which is about 20 miles out of scranton. we all outa hook up at the coal piles or something this summer

lil400exman
04-07-2003, 06:57 AM
u ppl think i ride each weekend?:p :rolleyes: i ride if i am lucky 2 times a month! i am busy with skool and tests.I also do not ride alone.What if you flipped ur quad and got pinned between a tree and the quad with a broken leg what would u do? so i had to buy my friend a dirtbike (i keep it at my house) (its the xr that is for sale) he finally bought himeslf a bike (thank god) so its not rosy for me man i dont get to ride every weekend i will only get to ride 1/2 day 1 time a month...................................so dont complain to me about not having sympathy but kids like htis take it for granted and just cry when a riding area get shut down well i only have one that hwere we keep the dozer and make jumps with my friends (land)..................................so i had to finanace a trailer a dirtbike a quad a truck and a dozer (its a old dozer i got for 2k for the trails it so old it has a pony motor and a cable blade) but it works just find a way the works for you man.......................;)