PDA

View Full Version : i stand corrected about 440 ex jetting

duneittilludie
04-05-2003, 11:51 AM
well i thought my wifes 440 was running as efficiently as it could but after switching to a k&n air filter and going to a 165 main jet from a 150 the performance is much better.i had posted what i thought was a good set up for the 440 and it was but this jetting and air filter made much better horsepower from bottom to top.i raced my wifes 440 on my 686 raptor at thge dunes today up our comp hill and before the jetting and air filter change i would easily walk away from her but today she actually got the holeshot on me and was even with me until the last 100 feet or so and then i passed her by about 2 quad lengths.we also did a rolling start race on the flats and her honda once again jumped out ahead and stayed there until i hit fourth gear and then i was gone.i guess my point is to listen when a lot of people are telling you the same thing (air filter and jetting changes)and maybe you will learn something.thanks for the input that i got even though at the time i didnt think it was good info.(and yes this made my wife very happy)

Pappy
04-05-2003, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by duneittilludie
and yes this made my wife very happy)

the biggest result has been achieved:D