PDA

View Full Version : main jet and pilot setting??!! need help quick

DoPeExRiDeR20
04-05-2003, 08:39 AM
im getting my carb. rebuilt and i need to know whats the best setting for the main jet and pilot??? i ride a lot of trails but i mx bout once a week, i need sum help so if u can give me any answers and explain how the diffrent setting help in appraciate it!!-chuck

tprender
04-05-2003, 11:22 AM
try a 42 or40 pilot and a 155 main.

DoPeExRiDeR20
04-05-2003, 12:21 PM
is that how i would refer it to a mechanic w/out sounds stupid....lol, sry just wondering

cals400ex
04-05-2003, 07:30 PM
if your having a mechanic do the jetting, i would think he would have a good guess with what jets to use. for an overall general rule of thumb i think the 42 pilot is a good place to start. we have to remember jetting has to do with the temperature outside, what altitude your at, and what you have on your bike. i am not sure what you mean when you say your getting your carb rebuilt. the type of riding should not really affect the jet sizes. a 155 would be a good place to start if your running a pipe and possibly a k and n filter. you may have to go bigger if you run without the lid on. internal performance parts affect jetting also. i don't have internals so i can't help you out there. as for telling your mechanic what you need. you should be able to just tell him what size main jet and pilot jet you want in if he doesn't know.

DoPeExRiDeR20
04-06-2003, 05:21 AM
aight sounds good..... thnx